Would you like to be a part of a long-standing automation team of over 20 years standing? The team sits in an active Innovation department and is looking to take automation forward out of the "cost savings" bucket and integrating it into our wider business. We are building out our client facing offerings and ensuring that automation at CMS links into new legal tech offerings on the market. About the Role
We are upgrading to the latest version of the automation software we use this calendar year and are also developing a new client facing automation portal. There will be opportunities to be at the core of innovation in legal service delivery where you will develop your skills and experience in document automation and work across the firm with all levels of seniority and disciplines (partners, associates, professional support lawyers, IT).You will:
* Support practice groups to automate their standard documents and to keep their respective standard documents accurate and up to date. In particular, you will work with key knowledge contacts and PSL teams.
* Engage in a collaborative development and testing regime with senior developers and other members of the team.
* Train document specialists, secretaries and others in the firm to use the automated drafting tool and present on its benefits.
* Follow the firm's standard internal procedures, ensuring the correct levels of access are granted to users (user/editor/administrator).
* Liaise with the HotDocs vendor contacts and technical team under the direction of the team manager and the head of Documentation Production, Automation and Design.
* Provide support on the integration of automation into other key firm applications, including collaboration and workflow tech, to automate the product extracted by AI tools.
* We are looking for a developer who has demonstrative experience of Application Development experience to automate, develop and customise documents/templates in a HotDocs environment. The successful candidate will have the ability to understand and write basic logic for document scripting and have a good understanding of template behaviours when combined with automated (AI) and collaboration technologies. About You
You will have some document automation experience with significant experience in a professional services environment. Ideally you will have worked in a legal environment with extensive experience and knowledge of working with legal documents and experience of building relationship with internal and external clients. You will be highly effective as part of a wider team, and a real team player with strong communication and technical skills. Having a flexible attitude is a must, with the ability to juggle a mixed role and busy workload. Legal training or knowledge would be ideal.
This role would suit a bright, client-facing individual who can build trust and relationships within the business with drive, passion, energy, enthusiasm, and commitment. A logical self-starter with a proactive approach to work, planning workload and solving client requirements.* Degree (or equivalent).
* Technology / product development background and engagement.
* Document development skills ideally HotDocs but may consider other packages Equal Opportunities
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion
pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits
page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.#LI-SO1