Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst Advance Reach is the firm's dedicated flexible legal resourcing platform which provides Practice Groups within the firm and the firm's clients with access to a high quality talent pool of lawyers and paralegals. We understand that our clients need access to highly qualified lawyers and paralegals, often at short notice and/or for short periods, whether that be to meet internal client demands, backfill leave, provide cover during recruitment or to assist with specialised projects. We deliver a seamless, fast and trusted solution to these issues.
Ashurst Advance Reach is an integral part of the firm's NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and works alongside Ashurst's other divisions including Corporate, Projects & Real Estate, Strategic Advisory, and Finance, Funds & Restructuring. Our focus is solving our clients' business problems through optimal efficiency, cost effectiveness and digitally innovative legal service delivery. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com/innovation/ashurst-advance/
This role will report to the Global Head of Ashurst Advance Reach and will work closely with the Ashurst Advance leadership team to develop the strategy for the future growth and development of Reach in the UK.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for managing a small team (with plans for team growth), who together will be responsible for the day to day operation of Reach in the UK.. We are looking for a talented individual who can work closely with Partners/senior stakeholders and the local and global Resourcing Team, as well as clients of the firm, to ensure the firm and its clients have access to a high performing diverse talent pool of flexible resourcing consultants.
This role is pivotal in building the profile of Ashurst Advance Reach in the UK Flexible Resourcing market and ensuring we deliver on our vision of becoming a market leading flexible legal resourcing platform within our wider integrated NewLaw division.
- Work with the Ashurst Advance leadership team and the senior HR team to grow, manage and deploy a flexible resourcing pool that aligns to the firm's flexible resourcing strategy, Ashurst Advance and legal services transformation strategy for the firm
- Take the lead in managing commercial relationships with our selected external providers of contractor resource in the UK
- Establish a process to deal with flexible resourcing requests to optimise resourcing models for each request
- Partner with legal practice areas and build relationships with key contacts to promote Ashurst Advance Reach and extend the adoption of the service internally within the firm
- Build internal communications and PR strategy and implement it to promote and expand the adoption of Ashurst Advance Reach
- Liaise with external providers and internal practice areas to build an Ashurst "bench" of contractors including Supporting BD with Alumni engagement in respect of the Ashurst "Bench"
- Deal with and execute all new contractor requests throughout the full lifecycle
- Assist to develop strategy to grow Reach and build the profile of the Reach business in the UK legal market and lead the execution of that strategy
- Take the lead in response to client RFQs for flexible resourcing.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience working in the legal or professional services sector
- Recruitment Experience is essential, experience in flexible resourcing market would be an advantage
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder who can demonstrate the capability to work with legal practice heads, partners and clients and provide innovative and creative resourcing solutions
- A can do attitude with a willingness and drive to develop the role and support the success of this "NewLaw" business area
- Experience of managing commercial contracts
- Excellent organisational skills
- Collegiate, positive and able to influence others
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Confident and professional manner
- Flexibility and a flexible approach to working hours
- Management experience preferred
Training and support:
You will be provided with all the required training, mentoring and coaching to support the development of your management and leadership skills. You will have access to Ashurst's full Learning & Development Program.
Your Career with Ashurst Advance Reach
- Be part of a mature, tight knit and collaborative team, backed up with the benefits of being part of a global brand
- Know that your ideas will be welcomed and that you can have a real input at leadership level
- Be an integral part of the growth of the Ashurst Advance Reach business and create a successful career in the New Law world
- Feel rewarded knowing that you are making an impact at a firm level, as well as assisting individuals further their career through flexible contracting