Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We are currently looking for a Partnership Accounting Assistant on a 6 month FTC for our Glasgow office.
Supporting the Partnership Accounting Manager and Partnership Accountant to facilitate global partner payments and maintain accurate and timely partner accounting records.
Working within the Partnership Tax and Partners' Finance team operating within the Glasgow based Financial Management team.
- Monthly processing of partner payroll and drawings
- Monthly reconciliation of partner account codes
- Monthly reconciliation of partner packages and headcount for management accounts
- Maintenance of global partner remuneration tracking schedule
- Quarterly bank covenant reporting as it relates to partner movements
- Preparation of partner bank loan reference letters
- Completion of ad hoc analysis and projects as required
Essential skills and experience:
- Relevant accounting experience, in an international and multi-currency business, preferably within the professional services (ideally legal) sector.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of financial and management information systems and highly numerate.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, some experience of working with 3e would be an advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good delivery skills.
- A good understanding of accounting concepts.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly, orally or in writing with all levels of stakeholders and staff.