Our busy Billings Team is looking for a number of Billings Administrators to join a central finance resource supporting partners in dealing with pre/post-billing related administrative activities. Liaising with other finance teams to ensure the accurate and timely drafting and preparation of bills. About CMS
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 80 offices in 50 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent. About the Role
You'll be monitoring Partner & client portfolio of bills issued and ensure bills are dispatched within the firms policy timeframe* Requesting Ad-hoc proformas and generating reports
* Amending proformas upon request and input billing guide amendments to the pre-billing system in line with the Partner/Associates requirements
* Review time narratives for accuracy of recording, identifying and correcting typos.
* Forwarding billing guides to alternative reviewers and editors as required in the pre-bill system
* Dealing with volume of invoices & billing related queries
* Liaising with all the Working Capital Support team to assist in the resolution of complex queries
* Preparation of narratives and fee breakdowns as required
* Preparation of covering documents for dispatch on generated bills for Partner/Associate review
* Facilitating the dispatch of bills to clients in line with the client's requirements where necessary
* Liaising with the eBilling team to provide billing guidelines and portal requirements
* Requesting Credit Notes/re-issue instructions via Finance workflow and other post billing queries About You
Promote a culture of mutual understanding through effective communication with our clients.
* Works to given timeframes and anticipates likely workflows
* Consistently produces accurate work, exceptional attention to detail
* Good written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate at all levels, confident, professional telephone manner
* Willing to do routine tasks
* Self-motivated, proactive and ability to prioritise and manage own workload
* Able to use initiative, but also work well within a team
* Proficient in MS Excel and Word
* Responsible for managing own development and willing to learn
* Analytical skills to resolve queries
* Shows flexibility in approach
* Experience in a partnership or professional services environment with a finance background Equal Opportunities
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion
pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits
page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.#LI-PK1