Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst Service Central delivers essential business services in support of employee and client lifecycles, in order to make it easier to do business within Ashurst. The department drives cross functional efficiencies and improves service levels for internal clients by centralising tasks, optimising processes and standardising ways of working.
A key area of focus is the move towards a centralised reporting model for business services, ensuring alignment of resources and enabling the development of cultural data norms.
The Head of Reporting & Insight Delivery is a key, high profile role that will be responsible for overseeing the design and delivery of MI and reporting, in support of business services functions.
The successful applicant will lead an expanding, high performing, dynamic team of around 10 specialists, across two locations and report to the Director of Ashurst Service Central. Along with the delivery of reporting and MI solutions, the teams scope continues to evolve to meet the future needs of the service, including support of automation and machine learning initiatives.
The role holder will act as design lead for the firms reporting strategy, assessing how data is made available to end users and developing a clear vision to ensure that the firm can provide accessible, valuable insights, using dynamic visuals that are easy to interpret.
Engaging with Analytics teams and Financial Management teams, the role holder will help to develop the firms self service reporting strategy, developing dashboards and ensuring high quality data sets are available.
As Head of Reporting & Insight Delivery, you will build relationships across multiple teams, pulling together people and technology in support of business intelligence, putting user requirements at the heart of the design, delivery and improvement of data and reporting services.
The successful applicant will possess strong interpersonal and networking abilities. They will also be able to engage and influence senior stakeholders, including firm partners - documenting requirements, eliciting feedback and manging expectations in order to continually enhance insight delivery. .
9.00 am to 5.30 pm with flexibility, as required due to global nature of role.
- Drive the scope and effectiveness of the ASC reporting team, ensuring that the operating model is designed to support the requirements of all functional groups across business services.
- Work with the programme team and other operational teams to establish a short and long term data strategy implementation plan.
- Develop a roadmap for the ASC reporting function that clearly defines ownership and responsibilities between the central reporting function and other teams involved in handling data.
- Maintain a holistic vision of the future of reporting and self-service operating model - help to plan for any changes to data strategy.
- Build capability and champion development, to enable the team to meet current and future service needs, including identifying and designing business processes for robotic process automation and machine learning.
- Lead a global team of data specialists to assess, prioritise and transform existing reporting suites, ensuring that data quality and report presentation are paramount.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to ensure that data requirements are met and that the necessary data models are available to analysts and end users.
- Engage with senior stakeholders and Partners to solicit feedback and continuous improvement loop for dashboards and further reporting requirements
- Support the transition and standardisation of reports from other functions - ensuring that all tasks are adequately scoped, resource requirements are articulated and risks are documented.
- Ensure that all user requirements are gathered and documented using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Oversee the delivery of all adhoc and scheduled reporting activities, ensuring all reports are delivered accurately and on time.
- Take an active role in the strategic planning and goal setting processes by establishing team objectives, completing reviews and soliciting ongoing feedback.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of data and reporting experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of leading specialist data teams.
- Established experience in delivering data solutions to large number of end users.
- Demonstrated understanding of enterprise data warehouse, BI & Analytics and data governance.
- Experience of SQL, Oracle, Tableau, Power BI
- Ability to engage stakeholders and find alignment/consensus in the design of data solutions
- Excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts and techniques.
- A working knowledge of project management methodology and planning processes.
- A successful track record of managing a team through effective communication, performance management and motivation.
- Experience working in or managing in a high volume shared service environment
- Exceptional logic, numerical reasoning, quantitative, analytical and statistical skills
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelors degree in computer science or another relevant field
- Experience of working in a Legal Firm
- Experience of robotic process automation projects
- Experience working in a global environment.
- Understanding of Finance, HR, Compliance, Business Development and IT processes
- An instinct for identifying blockages and removing barriers to change.