Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
The Financial Systems team works with the business to assist in defining and delivering the firms strategy, processes and reporting, while also providing a stable platform for day to day tasks.
This role is a senior member of the Financial Systems team, they will lead the team and are an escalation point to all issues regarding the Financial Systems team and ensure the successful day to day running of this team. The role directly manages support staff, business analysts and analyst/programmers as well as ensuring support staff have an escalation point and support.
This role will manage projects and the development queue for the Financial Systems team and assist in support, upgrades and continuous improvement to the performs the team is the system owner of. They should liaise with key stakeholders in the business to ensure business requirements have been met.
- Lead the Financial Systems team, providing strategy, input to budgets and stakeholder management
- Directly manage team members, including day to day and performance management
- Provide an escalation point for team members and key business stakeholders
- Project manage specific projects in the team, providing project management, analysis and development
- Manage the development lifecycle
- Review, propose and enhance business processes
- Assist in the development of the firm's practice management and associated systems
- Test application upgrades, check functionality and deploy upgraded versions to users
- Support financial system users worldwide
- Work with key business users to agree development/process specifications and see this through to implementation
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the 3E application or similar systems
- Excellent management skills
- Strong project implementation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and directly manage team members
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Desired skills and experience:
- Prince2 or equivalent qualification
- Understanding of 3E table structures
- Knowledge of SQL