Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst is embarking on delivering an ambitious data strategy programme of work to uplift the data capabilities within the firm to meet the growing demand for insights through data. The data strategy proposes a programme of work that will improve the firm's data quality.
This new role will be key in assisting in the roll-out of the Data Quality Framework, which will drive a change in how we identify, assess, improve and monitor our Data Quality levels.
The Knowledge & Expertise department aims to provide our lawyers and business services staff with the highest quality know-how, data, information resources and research support to enable delivery of consistently excellent client service.
- Support the Data Quality Lead in the roll out, education and support of the Data Quality Framework (DQF) across Ashurst into both business as usual (BAU) and projects.
- Work closely with projects on their adoption of their Data Quality Framework requirements.
- Set-up regular check-ins with projects to offer advice and guidance to ensure their Data Quality designs and artefacts meet our standards and the demands of project stage gates for delivery into BAU.
- Engage with key business stakeholders, Data Owners and Data Stewards to identify, document, prioritise and track BAU Data Quality issues into the Data Quality Issues Log.
- Assist in the set-up and running of the Data Quality Forum(s) to discuss and capture progress on all aspects of Data Quality activities.
- Develop the Data Quality rules catalogue and routines to capture metadata information, and key business data rules from Data Stewards and key business users.
- Carry-out Data Quality Assessments based on the Data Quality rules to provide an early indication of Data Quality levels for review with Data Quality Lead and Data Forum.
- Collaborate with Data Stewards and key business users to analyse and identify Data Quality root causes and to submit proposals to the Data Forum to improve Data Quality levels.
- Develop Data Quality checks, dashboards and processes, using the appropriate Data Quality dimensions and Data Quality rules for implementation into BAU (including any project requirements).
- Support the development and creation of regular Data Quality summary pack(s) for circulation to the Data Quality Lead, Data Owners and Senior Management on current Data Quality metrics and progress.
- Be an ambassador for Data Quality across Ashurst and to provide ad-hoc support, guidance and advice on Data Quality when required.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a Data Quality role in complex and changing environments.
- Demonstrable experience of Data Quality best practice and methodologies.
- A passion for data quality and able to convey the importance of good data practices to others.
- Excellent data analysis, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with large and/or complex data sets (using Excel, SQL or other tools/software) to identify data quality trends, or for developing data quality improvement proposals from root cause analysis.
- Experience of developing and implementing Data Quality checks, dashboards and processes and training stakeholders in the reading and understanding of these.
- Good communicator with the ability to engage and build relationships at different levels to leverage the case for Data Quality.
- Experience of working with both business teams and projects (with a good understanding of different project delivery methodologies).
- Use of Data Process mapping tools (eg Visio) to capture data quality design requirements.
- Ability to collaborate, exchange ideas and be open to challenge in a cross-team environment.
- Comfortable working under pressure, when required, to meet project plans or business timescales.
- Have a growth and inquisitive mindset, to understand and adopt new technologies, skills and ideas.
- Open to change, with a proactive and flexible attitude.
- Ability to work efficiently and use initiative.
- The ability to quickly build knowledge of both the business and Ashurst's digital footprint.
Desired skills and experience:
- Knowledge and experience of working with a Data Quality platform or toolkit.
- Experience of working in a similar role in professional services company.
- Experience of working as part of a global team.