Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our Firm, during an exciting period of transformation. This critical role will support the delivery of our shared service operating model through meaningful analysis, report production, KPI reporting and insight generation.
This role will be responsible for all aspects of report production, analysis and insight generation with a particular focus on the transformation of existing reports and automation of processes. The successful candidate will take the lead in implementing best practise approaches to report production and management information delivery. Key to success for this role is being able to present data in a meaningful way with a particular focus on aesthetics
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, working 8.5 hours a day including an hour for lunch, between the hours of 09:00 -17:30. However, you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
- Assess, prioritise and transform an existing reporting suite, ensuring that data quality and report presentation are paramount.
- Support the delivery of existing reporting activities, ensuring all reports are delivered accurately and on time.
- Where applicable, offer automated solutions for repeatable processes utilizing VBA or similar
- Assist in all aspects of data insight and report production.
- Create data dashboards, graphs and visualisations.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for data and management information, in line with agreed service levels.
- Gather, understand and document detailed business reporting requirements using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Develop, automate and produce operational statistics in a way that is informative and visually appealing.
- Design and automate reporting suites that allows leaders to track and monitor trends and make observations..
- Ensure integrity, availability and relevance of data.
- Develop insight using defined best practise, ensuring reports run in the most efficient way possible.
- Mine large datasets and appropriately categorise, cleanse and sort.
- Analyse information to identify any potential data risks and escalate where necessary
- Employ a diplomatic and tactful approach when liaising with internal and external clients.
Essential skills and experience:
- Expert level Excel skills.
- Use of Power BI or other, similar business intelligence tools (Business Objects, Tableau)
- Ability to present data in a meaningful way.
- Poised and self-confident, not afraid to speak up.
- Excellent analytical skills, able to develop and produce meaningful reports from multiple streams of data.
- Proficiency across the MS Office Suite.
- Passionate about all aspects of data including data mining, categorisation, report production, insight generation and analysis.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Adaptable, with the ability to work independently on multiple, high profile data led projects.
- Exceptional eye for detail coupled with an analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and use initiative.
Desired skills and experience:
- R, Python
- Experience of a similar role in a professional services company would be advantageous.
- Financial reporting experience
- Experience of working in a global team.