Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst is transforming its approach to new technology adoption. We are building a global Cloud Centre of Excellence to accelerate and optimise our use of cloud services.
We are seeking a Cloud Security Designer to become a founding member of our team. As a passionate cloud advocate, you will use your cloud security expertise to develop and establish global best practices.
You will advise on approaches to improve all aspects of cloud security, from performing risk assessments of proposed and existing system architecture to defining technical and administrative controls. You will be a key member of the team designing cloud platforms that are fit-for-purpose, aligning with industry best practices and Ashurst's Digital Strategy.
- Design cloud security architectures and perform architecture design reviews
- Define and implement cloud security strategies and roadmaps (for both design and remediation activities)
- Collaborate across strategy, transformation, and engineering to develop and manage the implementation of secure cloud architectures
- Provide support to building the cloud security capability within Ashurst including setting up architecture examples and proof of concepts on Azure platform to illustrate best practice
- Be hands on when required, with cloud enablement projects, understand what good looks like and see the bigger picture, taking architecture, security, service and delivery into consideration
- Implement, maintain, and improve existing industry best practices of operational security controls such as:
- Audit mechanisms
- Vulnerability management
- Data classification
- Encryption and data security
- Ensure effective coordination between IT Security, Azure, and Infrastructure through collaboration with engineers
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Knowledge of cloud security best practices including Identity Access Management (IAM), network security, modern cloud security architecture, and platform specific security and governance tools
- Cloud delivery, security and deployment models for IaaS, PaaS, SaaS offerings provided by Azure
- Good understanding of security tooling for cloud as well as security automation
- Microsoft Azure cloud architect / security professional qualifications
- Hands-on-experience working in roles across all phases of the portfolio, programme and project lifecycles
- Infrastructure as code experience with Azure and other cloud technologies.
- An understanding of Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) into SaaS services and integration of CASB to SOC/SIEM services
- Creating or securing cloud solutions in two or more Security Technologies: IAM, SIEM, PKI, DLP, GRC, Network Security, Firewalls, Email Security, Web Content Filtering, DDoS Protection, Mobile Device Security, Endpoint Detection, Deceptive Technologies, Application Security, DevSecOps, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to simply and clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Able to work in teams remotely in a global context
- Able to learn and understand current business processes and help to model new processes/procedures.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills, with the ability to work across a number of major projects simultaneously.
- Uses initiative - 'can do' approach.
Desired skills and experience:
- Working towards or achieved other SecOps certifications e.g. Certified Cloud Security Professional
- Experience of Enterprise Architecture and Service Management frameworks