Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Project manage large and medium sized IT projects for the firm.
- Lead and direct global project teams to ensure timely delivery of projects facilitating business initiatives, keeping within budget and managing risk to the firm.
- Manage medium to large complex projects from end-to-end, from requirements gathering, contract negotiation, development and testing through to implementation and service transition to the operations and support teams.
- Manage internal and external project communications to all levels of stakeholders, both business and technical.
- Liaise with the infrastructure architects to ensure that the IT solutions and their supporting infrastructure fully supports the business requirements.
- Carry out business analysis where required.
- Create and manage project plans and documentation.
- Estimate and manage project budgets.
- Manage, monitor and motivate the cross-functional project teams.
- Conduct project presentations and compile reports.
- Manage third parties and suppliers.
- Ensure projects are delivered and run in such a way that they meet industry leading quality standards following the firm's methodology.
- Act as a role model for others within the team and provide mentoring services where necessary.
- Identify opportunities for improvement within the project methodology.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a project manager with a proven track record of successfully managing and leading global projects through the full project life cycle in a professional services company, ideally a law firm.
- Minimum of 3 years' in project management roles with specific and proven experience of IT services projects.
- Strong planner and with ability to spot tenuous links and dependencies.
- Working within a structured project framework.
- Good understanding of soft skills involved in successful management of projects and team motivation.
- Able to manage teams remotely in a global context.
- A good eye for detail; ability to work accurately and effectively even when under pressure.
- Able to learn and understand current business processes and help to model new processes/procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of all elements of the project lifecycle.
- Able to listen and understand customer requirements.
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Able to liaise at a senior level within the firm.
- Able to challenge and motivate others.
- Assist with research and evaluation of software solutions from 3rd party suppliers and production of necessary deliverables such as tender documents, liaising with suppliers.
- Experience of managing and developing productive working relationships with vendors.
- Tactful and diplomatic when in pressured situations.
- Excellent presentation, written and communication skills.
- Uses initiative - 'can do' approach.
- Client focused.
Desired skills and experience:
Familiarity with some or all of the following:
- HQ Office Relocations.
- Prince 2, Agile or similar project methodologies.
- MS Office implementations.
- Skype for Business implementations.
- Data centre relocations.
- Operating System implementations.
- Document management systems.
- Accounting/billing and/or time recording systems.
- Workflow applications.
- Integration projects.
- Client/server architectures.
- Web technologies - Internet, Intranet, Extranet.
- Microsoft environments - Windows 10, .Net, SQL Server, MS Project.