The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Architect is a new manager level role within the Architecture function with responsibility for the definition, product selection, design, development and planning of all aspects of the IAM and related Security capabilities within A&O. They play a key role in working with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to influence and define the strategic direction and approach for all aspects of these capabilities. They will work with multiple initiatives and projects at a time having responsibility for taking functional requirements and translating these in to re-usable architecture and design artefacts. Post design they assume an assurance\advisory role within the governance of projects and programme delivery.
Allen & Overy are currently in the process of reviewing and modernising the Infrastructure platform to reflect the need for a more agile service that supports greater use of public and private cloud services. This role will be integral to the delivery of this process.
What you’ll do in this role
- Working with the relevant stakeholders, define the multi-year IAM strategy as input to the project portfolio. Providing business case information such as justification, benefits, resourcing and budgetary profiles.
- Provide technical thought leadership to ensure we develop and procure the right technologies and services through proactively developing the IAM technology roadmap.
- Working closely with InfoSec to provide IAM security assurance to the wider architect community.
- Manage and maintain a proactive backlog of work, regulating change for IAM capabilities.
- Define Architectural standards and ensure alignment through the design review process.
- Work with relevant stakeholders, teams and individuals to ensure that fit-for-purpose solutions are developed in alignment with Architectural standards and principles and are implemented to design specifications.
- Working with relevant stakeholders and engineering teams, develop and maintain re-usable solution building blocks and patterns.
- Provide direction and guidance on projects ensuring all strategy, architecture, standards, patterns, principles and roadmap outputs are published. Quickly resolving any technical design issues that may arise in relation to these.
- Act, where necessary, as the Technical Lead role on IT projects. This will include:
- Willingness to get into the detail of projects and lead direction around technology and products.
- Creation of high-level solution designs that address the needs of key stakeholders from the business, solution delivery and operational areas.
- Provide analysis for technical alternatives, and risk analysis for proposed systems.
- When on boarding new technology, ensuring the relevant teams are aware and understand the implications and impact to current standards and working practices.
- Assist in the transition of products and services into operational use.
- Provide technical expertise and support for service management in the resolution of complex incidents and problems.
- Challenge the status quo, identify opportunities in existing and emerging technologies and take ownership to improve the IT service.
You should apply if you bring
- Extensive knowledge of IAM capabilities that are used within a global organisation.
- Extensive experience of IAM Architectures and technologies.
- Experience of creating and delivering an IAM strategy and technology roadmap.
- Proven experience of selecting, designing and delivering IAM solutions within a global Enterprise across on premise, private and public cloud.
- Proven experience using cloud-based identity models in B2B & B2C.
- Working knowledge of current IAM security standards and protocols.
- A solid understanding of modern security requirements and the need to provide protection at the infrastructure layer for applications and data.
- Knowledge of cloud computing architecture, technical design and implementations, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models.
- Proven experience of developing comprehensive technical documentation, including Technical Design documents, Infrastructure diagrams, support transition guides and other project specific documentation.
- Experience of communicating to senior stakeholders and interpreting complex technical solutions through the use of simple language.
- A history of working within medium to large globally diverse organisations that reflects the seniority of this role.
- Experience of working within a regulated industry and an understanding of the compliance and security challenges.
- Understanding of current IT market and trends, their maturity level and how they benefit the organisation.
You will stand out if you bring
- Knowledge of differing authentication and authorisation flows used in typical business applications.
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code and continuous delivery technologies and processes.
- Experience technically leading large projects as part of a team with the confidence and knowledge to influence technical direction.
- Experience of working with solutions in these areas - PAM, PIM, DLP, PKI, Biometrics, SAML, OAuth, SSO/MFA, OpenID, LDAP, CASB, SASE.
- Experience of working with these technologies - ADDS, AAD, RSA, Microsoft Authenticator, ZScaler, AD DNS, Azure DNS, Microsoft Certificate services, Thales HSM.
- Experience working within an agile delivery methodology.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. NDSJ
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.