Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We are currently looking for a Business Development Executive on a perm basis, this role will be based in our London office with hybrid working.
- Work alongside the BDM to support the delivery of the Projects/Energy go-to-market plan, leading on the implementation of certain workstreams, with guidance from the BDM.
- Support the internal and external profile raising initiatives across the Projects/Energy teams, including our approach to publications/briefings, thought leadership, alignment with industry bodies, prioritisation and organisation of industry conferences, and events.
- Support the delivery of client account strategies, and contribute to efforts relating to cross-selling, opportunity pipeline development, pursuit management, pricing and negotiation strategy.
- Proactively track market and client developments and trends, spotting revenue generation opportunities and work with the BDM to drive those opportunities to a successful conclusion.
- Undertake external and internal research, business analysis and competitor intelligence to support client facing meetings, pursuits and proposals.
- Ensure client reporting, terms and panel and pricing agreements are communicated and adhered to internally.
- Prepare and maintain marketing materials, including web/intranet content, client publications, sales material and capability statements.
- Support the delivery of directory/awards/league table submissions, ensuring key messaging is included and all deadlines are met.
- Support across the entire pitch and pursuit process, including maintaining opportunity databases, tracking progress and outcomes, and producing proposals and capability statements, working closely with the Global Bids team.
- Assist with the coordination of the client secondment process, keeping track of secondments, looking for trends and opportunities in feedback and ensuring that best practice is being adhered to.
- Regularly review BD&M systems and processes and suggest improvements to drive efficiencies.
- Ensure the Projects/Energy requirements for data capture are met and maintain client information on Ashurst systems.
- Assist in the management of BD&M budgets, ensuring spend is aligned to business plans.
- Respond to requests from colleagues in other jurisdictions for BD support.
- Contribute to central BD&M team initiatives, including supporting new systems and processes, and support the global team on projects, as required.
- Develop excellent working relationships across the relevant Partner team, Priority Client teams and other support functions.
- Develop a good knowledge and understanding of the legal industry and marketplace, and the firm's key service offerings and product areas, with high-level practice specific knowledge.
Essential skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in business or relevant degree.
- 3+ years' experience in a similar role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent organisational, project management and delivery skills.
- Commercial awareness and ability to bring the client's perspective into the frame.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to switch between detail and the bigger picture.
- Positive attitude toward work and a desire to learn and develop.
- A team player flexible in their approach to work and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Enthusiastic and proactive, with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload to meet deadlines.
- High level of confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Prior experience in the professional services sector.
- Experience with CRM software, such as InterAction.