Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Where you will work
We are recruiting for a General Office Team Leader to support our Operations department in Exeter. The primary responsibility will be working alongside the Office Manager to coordinate and deliver effective post, print and other back office services to the Exeter office. The role will be flexible and may include working within Central Registry, Front of house, Print/Post room and incorporating Team Assistant duties where necessary.
What you will be doing
- Supervision and training of other General Office team members.
- Opening and distribution of incoming post
- Preparation of outgoing post
- Ensuring deadlines are met for outgoing post/delivery services
- Managing incoming and outgoing courier services
- Delivery of "by hand" packages locally as appropriate
- Scanning, photocopying and printing requests in-house
- Stationery stock management and ordering
- Liaising with London Finance regarding paying in cheques received locally
- Assisting with the administration of file and deed storage and retrieval service
- Document printing and finishing
- Providing back-up for the Reception team as necessary
- Responsibility for catering supplies in staff kitchens
- Facilities requests coordination
- Other administrative duties as required
What you will need
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- A strong team player
- Ability to use initiative
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Flexibility and commitment
- An ability to operate autonomously and/or with minimum supervision
- Drive and enthusiasm
- A willingness to learn
- A self-starter
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
- Common sense
- Good humour
- Polite and professional manner
Experience and qualifications
- Committed and hardworking
- Organised and self-motivated
- Flexible and adaptable
- Keen to learn
- Office experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.