Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
The Sales and Home Ownership team provide a range of services to Private Developers, Registered Providers and Local Authorities including sale of homes either on a shared ownership or open market sale basis, Help to Buy, interim and final staircasing, licence to assign applications, mortgagee in possession sales, portfolio acquisitions and disposals among others. The team covers a wide range of additional conveyancing matters from acquisition to sales, to meet all client requirements.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Senior Associate for the team, to assist with drafting and preparing site sales documentation, as well as, providing legal support to the Sales & Home Ownership team, working closely with the Lead Partner Team Leader and Deputy Team Leaders.
What you'll be doing:
- Assisting with building and maintaining effective client relationships – including client liaison and client training.
- Working alongside the Senior Associate for the team in the technical delivery of site assembly and supporting documentation.
- Involvement in pitches for new work and establishing client relationships
- Liaising internally with Team Leaders and the wider Real Estate team.
- Assisting with managing, developing and motivating junior legal staff and business services staff.
- Helping to identify training needs for more junior team members and assisting with implementing training as required (where appropriate).
- Assisting the team with technical legal queries.
What you'll need:
The requirements for the role are:
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
- A team player with a positive, practical and pro-active approach.
- Strong client focus.
- Drive, enthusiasm and initiative.
- Commercial awareness.
- Able to effectively assess situations and make informed decisions.
Experience and qualifications:
- A qualified Solicitor up to 3PQE or CILEX with several years' PQE.
- Solid experience as a residential conveyancing lawyer in practice or in-house.
- Client-facing experience.
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.