We are currently seeking a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager to join our Risk team on a 12 month contract. Working with our Global Head of Regulation & Conduct and our Global Head of Risk Operations (Co Heads of the project) the successful candidate will be a qualified and/or experienced Project Manager and must be hard working, enthusiastic, a team player, have a high level of initiative and a willingness to learn. Advanced organisational skills, attention to detail and exemplary writing skills are key. The role will involve direct internal senior stakeholder and management contact therefore excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills are essential.
- The purpose of this role is to help increase efficiency and provide exceptional end user experience on the global background checking project through effective project management.
- This position will accelerate our ability to deliver regular accurate and timely background checks , and to develop, co-ordinate, and implement consistent best practice across our firm.
- Working closely with Co-Heads of the project lead partners, HR and other key stakeholders the Project Manager will assist the efficient management of the project , and will relieve busy lawyers of certain administrative activities in the checking process as appropriate.
- The project manager will help foster the integration of project management techniques into the global project through the utilisation of the firm’s and supplier’s technology, the deployment of firm resources, and by helping to engineer engagement plans that result in the effective roll out to the multiple stakeholder groups ensuring , exceptional service at all times.
- The project manager will be assisting with defining and implementing effective training on the new processes.
- The role will also support other risk based projects such as improving our client secondment processes across our network
Role and responsibilities
Supporting the Co-Heads of the project through the lifecycle of this complex project, specifically:
- Scoping; budgeting; setting up project phases
- Preparation of project plans / timelines for internal and external use
- Coordinating matter opening process
- Identifying stakeholders and establish a communication plan
- Co-ordination of work effort; status reporting; liaising with stakeholder groups and communicating progress; tracking scope changes
- Financial management: on-going monitoring of fees, and other key financial metrics
- Updates to project plans / timelines
- Co-ordination of cross-departmental / jurisdictional activity
- Co-ordination of the creation and execution of work plans
- Roll out of effective communication with multiple internal departments and ensuring the communication plan is adhered to
- Provision of timely updates to steering group and working group on potential issues identified
- Risk and change management
- Transfer of project into business as usual with relevant stakeholder teams
Review & Close Phase
- The post-project review process including: update project plans / timelines; finances; facilitate learning for future similar matters
- Ensure know-how is archived
- Co-ordinate matter closing process
Assisting the Co Heads with:
- Identifying improvements to processes and support implementation of their improvement
- Maintain a close relationship with relevant support departments to communicate potential improvements to software and systems
- Develop and maintain close relationships with key external suppliers
- Introduce new working efficiencies where appropriate and coach team
- The position will require the skills of an individual capable of facilitating process mapping planning sessions, data collection and analysis, implementing improvements and controls and leveraging technology and knowledge management solutions
- Experience as a project manager in a law firm or professional services firm on strategic change projects management experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing (to time and budget) workstreams within complex projects that are strategic and large in scope
- Sound financial management
- Advanced organisational and influencing skills, flexibility of style, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
- Possess a high degree of initiative and independent judgment with excellent troubleshooting, decision-making, and follow-through skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- High-level interpersonal skills to facilitate communication in person, by email, and telephone with professionalism and diplomacy. Very strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Degree level qualification; desirable to have project management certification (e.g. PRINCE2)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and process improvement methodologies, with strong technical skills and the ability to learn new applications quickly
Day rate options are not being considered for this role.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.