We are currently recruiting for a Reporting Specialist to join our HR Systems team in London on a 12 month contract. The Reporting Specialist position is one of a small in-house team responsible for supporting and enhancing the firm's HR reporting framework and core HR applications.
We are looking for a Cognos reporting specialist to help us to continue providing ad-hoc people reporting, dashboard development, and analysis whilst assisting in the management of the regular monthly reporting outputs using IBM Cognos Analytics. The role holder will also be supporting a project to consolidate our large library of existing reports and deliver new dashboards in key areas for the Firm. We are seeking candidates with strong experience in a previous reporting role using IBM Cognos. The previous experience should incorporate all elements of Cognos development including building models in Framework Manager and Transformer. Experience with Power BI will also be highly desirable as we look to move some key projects into the platform over the next 12 months. Understanding and practical experience using SQL server to query data sources would also be desirable. Whilst experience of working with PeopleSoft data sets would be beneficial, full support will be provided.
The post holder will work closely with the HR Business Intelligence Manager providing support and helping to ensure the timely delivery and accuracy of global HR Management Information to the business.
Role and responsibilities
- Use of IBM Cognos Analytics to support or generate reports from a variety of data sources (e.g. relational, OLAP)
- Creating and maintaining Framework Manager and Transformer Model(s) to support business requirements
- To work with business users to understand and define requirements for new reports at all levels of complexity
- To provide guidance to report consumers in terms of interpreting data and trends
- Take ownership for the delivery of key reporting outputs for headcount and workforce planning
- To support the strategic aim of building a trusted people data platform by maintaining oversight of the HR data discrepancy process.
- Provide data analysis support to the business
- Provide on-going reporting and ad-hoc analysis to the HR department
- Provide continued development to existing and future reports and dashboards
- To seek out opportunities to make improvements to the delivery of our global HR reporting service and to discuss and implement these with approval from the Business Intelligence Manager
- To take on additional operational reporting responsibilities for new systems as they are introduced.
- Build and maintain relationships with key business partners in IT and Finance teams
- Engage with specialist PeopleSoft HR resources to extend knowledge of the transactional system in order to improve the quality of reporting outputs
- Provide second line support to HR Systems Helpdesk report authors
- Responsibility for running regular reporting processes
- Demonstrable experience of report writing and dashboard development in IBM Cognos Analytics BI
- Data modelling with Cognos Framework Manager and Transformer
- Experience querying SQL server databases
- Experience of translating reporting requirements from business requests
- Excellent analytical and data manipulation skills
- Advanced Excel Skills
- A very high attention to detail, with the desire and initiative to work to a high standard
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with excellent time management skills
- Strong business analysis skills, able to develop an understanding of the organisation and to investigate and explore business issues whilst insulating the audience from technical detail
- Good communication skills, able to challenge when appropriate and influence discussions
- Excellent relationship management skills along with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be self-motivated and proactive
- Power BI development
- Experience within a HR function and working with HR data (ideally PeopleSoft)
- Experience and understanding of the data set within a Law Firm
- HR Reporting
- Understanding of HR and training business processes, possibly in an international or professional services environment
- To have a curiosity to explore new technical options to solve problems
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.