Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, advising on high-profile and ground-breaking transactions around the globe. The firm provides clients with a professional service of the highest calibre, combining technical excellence with commercial awareness and a practical, constructive approach to legal issues.
We are offering the opportunity to be part of the team that supports our lawyers in providing world-class legal advice to some of the world's leading businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued and all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive culture. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture values everyone’s contribution to making us a market leader.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, interested individual to join us as a Data & Integration Lead to join our London-based Technology team on a 12 month fixed-term contract
Driven by a large business transformation programme, we will be introducing a new integration layer into our solution architecture as well as a Master Data Management platform, multiple new applications and systems to support and enhance user experience and moving into a cutting edge technology of cloud and data science capabilities to enable better advanced analytics.
This emerging role at the firm will play a pivotal function in operationalising the most urgent data and analytics initiatives. The bulk of the Lead Data Integration Analyst’s role would be to define and deliver a full data mapping between 25+ systems, systems integration, data lineage documentation, data migration requirements, metadata and business rules repository for the ETLs across all core applications and workstreams.
The Lead Data Integration Analyst will also work with the programme team to track and ensure the deliverables hit the milestones set by each of the workstreams. It requires strong coordination with the Project Managers and Scrum Master community while ensuring the delivery of technical documentation and solutions.
This role will require both creative and collaborative ways of working within IT and the wider business. This includes key business stakeholders, technology and subject-matter experts.
The Lead Data Integration Analyst will report to the Data Engineer, within the Change Management team. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with virtual teams while leveraging subject-matter expert as required. The candidate will help manage, plan and coordinate the team deliveries with the programme.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below.
- Manage team workload: With so many workstreams, stand ups, priorities and requirements within the programme, the candidate must help supervise and drive the workload and deliveries of the data analysis team and adapt to change.
- Collaborate across departments: The successful candidate will need strong collaboration and communication skills in order to work with varied stakeholders within the organization.
- Perform and review gap analysis and data mapping: Starting from an As-Is architecture document, the candidate must be able to identify the key data elements as well as the core data that transitions between on premises and on cloud systems and build business rules, metadata and definitions around them.
- Review existing and recommend future integration flows: Using their experience, the candidate must be able to provide advice and guidance on the integration process, flow, impact and benefits. This encompasses how the data should be ingested from, prepared and distributed with the Azure cloud environment. The candidate must ensure the solution aligns with other initiatives in play.
- Actively address data quality and migration where applicable: the candidate must provide expertise and help in the data migration activities from a legacy system to the new world, including areas of improvement.
Experience of providing subject matter expertise and guidance to support in the development of clear, specific customer service requirements.
- Participate in ensuring compliance and governance during data use: The candidate must ensure that all solutions align with the standards set by the architecture, data governance and compliance initiatives.
- Engage with third parties Vendors: The candidate must lead with strong technical skills to ensure all work and solution proposals are fit for purpose.
- Lead the design and solutions for system integrations with new technologies: Each functionality we migrate from a legacy system requires a strong change and design as a “to-be” solution. The candidate must drive and advise on the best and most efficient option.
Candidates for this position must have:
Education and Training
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data management, information systems, information science or a related quantitative field (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- An advanced degree in computer science (MS), statistics, applied mathematics (Ph.D.), information science (MIS), data management, information systems, information science or a related quantitative field is preferred.
- At least three years of leading a Data Analyst team within a business transformation and change programme and able to manage and coordinate multiple workstreams deliveries and requirements
- Strong technical knowledge in data management, flow, transformation, Master Data Management Platform (MDM), Business Intelligence reporting, data warehousing. Cloud experience would be beneficial.
- At least three years or more of work experience in data management disciplines including data integration, ETL, modelling, optimization and data quality, and/or other areas directly relevant to data engineering responsibilities and tasks.
- At least three years of experience working in cross-functional teams and collaborating with business stakeholders in support of a departmental and/or multi-departmental data management and analytics initiative.
- Able to work independently within an Agile environment
Technical and Business Knowledge/Skills
- Exposed to Azure Cloud computing and components, with a centralized MDM.
- Strong understanding of a business transformation programme and life cycle from initiation, design, to implementation and post-implementation
- Highly developed experience and hands on with analyzing data, writing report, and the ability to use data and other information from a variety of sources to produce good quality analysis
- Experienced with Intersystem DataTree, Practice Management Systems, HR systems, Billing systems and CRM would be beneficial
- Experienced working with the Data Management, Data Governance functions and Data Security teams
- Experience working with the Business Intelligence areas to better provide data insight
- Hands on and technical expertise in SQL, Power BI, Azure Cloud Integration layout, MDM, Data migration and Enterprise Systems Integrations would be beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple deployment environments including cloud, on-premises and hybrid, multiple operating systems and through containerization techniques.
- Strong experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic business environment.
- Required to have the accessibility and ability to interface with, and gain the respect of, stakeholders at all levels and roles within the company.
- Is a confident, energetic self-starter, with strong interpersonal skill.
- Has good judgment, a sense of urgency and has demonstrated commitment to high standards of ethics, regulatory compliance, customer service and business integrity.
You will also be expected to display the attributes set out under the firm’s Key Behaviours for Business Services staff for this level of role. Below are the most relevant for this role:
- Technical & professional expertise
- Service excellence
- Drive to deliver
- Analysis & judgement
- Communication & influence
- Working with others
- Leading & managing people