Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Where you'll work
The IS department consists of over thirty staff, eleven of whom work on the Service Desk. This role provides application and systems support to all users both over the telephone and in person. All calls taken by the service desk must be logged, resolved or progressed and monitored through to resolution.
What you'll be doing
- This is primarily an office-based role but some limited remote working is permitted
- Working as part of a team to provide support for the Firm’s IT systems.
- Working within our shift rota between the hours of 8am -6pm Monday - Friday (eg 8am - 4pm; 9am—5pm;10am - 6pm)
- Providing first line (within timescales) and some second line support, resolving difficulties that users may experience in the operation of the Firm’s applications.
- Provide application and systems support to all users both over the telephone and in person.
- Provide hardware support and rectifying any faults where practical.
- Liaising with second line and other IS team members and managing the escalation process including with some third party suppliers where necessary
- Assisting users to maximise their use of existing facilities.
- Dealing with any IT set-ups/installations and any other IT issues which would need a Manchester on-site presence
What you'll need
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to work within set timescales
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- A strong team player
- Ability to use initiative and demonstrate common sense
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Flexibility and commitment
- An ability to operate with minimum supervision
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Strength of character and robustness
- A willingness to learn
- A self-starter
- Must be a Microsoft Certified Professional or other relevant qualification/experience
- Must have experience of supporting Office 365 and Windows 10 OS
- Must have experience of Microsoft Azure processes, EndPoint Manager and MFA
- Possess a very good technical understanding of the basic hardware and applications in use, including:
- Condeco (or similar) Hot Desk check-in software/administration
- 3E Finance Systems - Administration and Support
- Administrator tools including Active Directory; Exchange; PowerShell; SCCM; EndPoint
- Sunrise (Sostenuto) or similar Service Desk call logging software
- Desktops/laptops running Windows 10
- PC, Laptop and printer hardware including HP and MS Surface Pro
- iManage / Worksite DMS (Filesite v9)
- iPhone administration with BlackBerry Work/UEM
- pdfDocs and pdfDocs Comparedocs
- Citrix Remote Access and RSA administration
- Bighand Digital Dictation
- HighQ Data-room administration
- Very strong technical knowledge of MS Office, including Word formatting, working with templates and legal numbering
At least 12 months previous Service Desk experience in the Legal sector is desirable.
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.