Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Where you'll work:
Trowers & Hamlins is ranked by The Lawyer as having one of the UK’s Top 15 Real Estate practices. Core to that is the preeminent work we do for private individuals, consortia, partnerships and banks in the sale, purchase, development, and funding of residential property.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for an ambitious and quality-driven lawyer to join our team specialising in residential property work as part of our Private Wealth offering. You will be based in our Manchester office supporting the growth of the practice nationally and building our practice in the North-West. The Residential Property team has the benefit of specialist support from colleagues in areas such as tax, planning, enfranchisement and construction, and works closely with commercial and corporate lawyers across the firm.
What you'll be doing:
- Managing all aspects of caseload of residential property matters for private clients including: house and flat, sales and purchases, freehold and leasehold properties, registered and unregistered properties, mortgages and equity release, buy-to-let properties, help to buy, lettings, planning, new plot purchases and SDLT;
- Building and maintaining effective client and third party relationships;
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures.
What you'll need:
The firm has a Career Development Framework which sets out the competencies we expect of those at the Senior Associate grade. In particular for this role we require:
- Proven ability to take on responsibility and manage files independently;
- Substantial client management experience;
- Strong client focus and service delivery;
- Commercial awareness;
- Experienced in business development and origination of new business;
- Methodical, disciplined and organised approach;
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines;
- A strong team player with an ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels;
- A positive and proactive attitude;
- Flexibility and commitment and willing to go the extra mile when required;
- Strong IT skills
- Solid academic record;
- Experienced conveyancer with 6+ years' experience in high net worth residential conveyancing
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.