EUC Engineer 12 month FTC
- Glasgow, Glasgow City
- Closing date
- 8 Jun 2022
- Vacancy Type
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating it's bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst is coming to the end of a large desktop transformation program moving to Windows 10 taking advantage of SCCM, AppV and Ivanti for user experience management. We want someone who can be involved in taking our current deployment and helping to take it to the next level. As such we are looking for someone with strong skills in desktop optimisation, user experience management and virtual desktop infrastructure.
This will be a multi focused role with the chance to be involved in projects, BAU and support work as well as the opportunity to identify and implement system improvements
We are looking for someone who can work either as part of a team to deliver EUC related tasks as part of a wider project but also has the experience to identify issues and potential resolutions then manage the fix through to completion. The teams key objective is to deliver the best desktop environment we can and someone who wants to make things better and is continually seeking to find improvements.
- SCCM infrastructure (creating / amending task sequences, expanding the environment as new offices are opened and configuring as well as day to day maintenance and monitoring)
- Packaging and deploying applications following the firms deployment process, this will involve liaising with test teams and owning the deployment.
- Creation, modification and optimisation of Group policies on desktop and VDI Environments
- Management and operational duties in Ivanti UWM infrastructure
- Deploy applications on App-V infrastructure and carry out daily support and maintenance to the system if needed
- Citrix XenDesktop 7.x, deploying and updating images, managing support and user performance issues and general maintenance of the environment
- MBAM, and physical device security and a good knowledge of security products such as AV and client deployment
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in administration and maintenance of Client Management tools, such as SCCM/Intune
- Minimum 5 years' experience supporting Windows Operating System in an enterprise environment (with Windows 10 focus)
- Work with a ticket logging system to agreed SLAs
- Demonstrate ability to engineer technical solutions
- Experience of driving internal technical change
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent Communications skills (both verbal and written)
- Proven track record of delivering excellent customer service
- Act as a point of contact within the team
- Knowledge sharing to other team members
Desired skills and experience:
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Scripting Technologies: Powershell/VBS/CMD
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- Delivering applications via Citrix Xenapp/Microsoft App-V
- Experience of OS migrations
- Lakeside (SysTrack) administration
- Project Management and delivery of internal run projects
- Microsoft Endpoint Management
- Cloud Management
Ashurst is a leading international law firm with world class capability and a prestigious global client base. The firm's in-depth understanding of its clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service has seen it become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments on all areas of commercial law. The firm's people are its greatest asset and it brings together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice clients need.
Ashurst has 25 offices in 15 countries and offers the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 400 partners and 1,200 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, the firm is able to respond to clients wherever and whenever required. As a global team, Ashurst has a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients.
- +44 20 7638 1111
London Fruit & Wool Exchange
1 Duval Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert