Associate, Corporate Transactions
Ashurst's Corporate Transactions team
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of corporate law. To find out more please visit here .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst is acknowledged as having a leading international corporate practice and a reputation for sensible, cost-effective and commercial advice. With over 100 partners across Europe, the Middle East, Australia and Asia, our expertise extends to advising on public and private M&A, private equity, equity capital markets, FIG, investment funds, restructuring and insolvency together with a broad range of regulatory and governance issues.
Our corporate team advises across a broad range of industry sectors including energy and infrastructure, financial services, insurance, healthcare, fintech, communications, leisure and gaming, manufacturing, banks, transport and real estate. Our corporate practice is fully integrated with our tax, finance, competition, IP, IT, employment and pensions teams.
The team handle transactions with international content including large, multi-jurisdictional deals and assist with structuring transactions to accommodate different international regulatory requirements. The team is ambitious to build on the extremely successful practice that already exists by adding team members with the same passion and drive for the industry as them.
We are looking for an Associate to join our market leading corporate transactions team in London. This role will play a key role in the development of Ashurst's corporate transactional capability.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Mid-level associate with between 1.5-5.5 years post qualification corporate transactional experience across a wide range of matters
- Experience with supporting high growth and emerging businesses on fundraisings and convertible loan arrangements would be an advantage
- Enthusiastic team-player who can work effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent academic track record
- Willingness to learn new skills and expand technical knowledge beyond core transactional skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Client facing experience and the ability to understand and respond effectively to client needs
- Technically excellent with strong attention to detail and well-developed analytical and drafting skills
- Commercial approach and an ability to advise and negotiate in an considered, confident and authoritative manner across a wide variety of contractual arrangements
- Passion for delivering outstanding outcomes for clients in innovative ways
An established career path framework is in place clearly defining expectations and outlining opportunities for promotion. We are actively growing and expanding our corporate transactions team in London, which will provide exciting opportunities for highly motivated candidates.
Opportunities often arise to spend time on secondment in house with a key client of the firm. From time to time, secondment opportunities also come up within other Ashurst offices in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia.