Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating it's bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst Service Central (ASC) delivers essential business services in support of employee and client lifecycles, in order to make it easier to do business within Ashurst. ASC comprises a team of over 120 business service professionals, primarily based in Glasgow and Brisbane.
ASC Client, one of our teams within ASC, provides administrative support across a wide range of services to the Business Development and Brand, Marketing & Communication functions. The ASC Client team has members based in Brisbane and Glasgow and work collaboratively with colleagues in both offices, sharing work to deliver tasks globally in a timely and efficient manner.
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week. Flexibility between 08.00 and 19.30 with a staggered working arrangement. You may be required to work additional hours based on work requirements.
The successful candidate will report to our Glasgow based ASC Client Team Leader and be part of our global team providing support to our global Business Development and Brand, Marketing and Communications teams.
In addition to being part of our global team providing administrative support to BD and BMC and ASC teams, the Coordinator will focus on supporting other members of the team to deliver exceptional, high quality service to our internal clients on every occasion.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Primary contact for the training of new team members.
- Assist the team leader with task delegation and setting deadlines.
- Inspire the team to reach for the next level and continuously improve the work product delivered.
- Form positive working relationships, particularly with the BD, BMC and ASC teams.
- Assist the ASC Client Team Leader with the management of workflow to ensure even allocation across the team and in line with client expectations.
- Provide overall quality assurance on work completed by the team.
- Lead by example in delivering quality work and exceptional client service across the full service catalogue.
- Provide administrative support to BD & BMC teams globally in the implementation of the firm's strategy.
- Become a subject matter expert on key processes.
- Assistance with event invitations, attendee lists, online event setup and recording and event feedback surveys.
- Preparing and maintaining marketing materials including website updates, email marketing, bids and tender documents and client reports.
- Assist on other ad hoc projects.
- Meet KPIs as directed by Team Leaders and Managers.
- Work with the ASC Client Team Leader to support the transition of activities and processes into ASC Client.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous relevant experience in a professional services or corporate environment.
- Proven track record of providing quality customer service.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Demonstrated experience responding to high volumes of queries, ensuring quality output.
- Excellent verbal and written communication - able to write clearly, concisely and to a high standard, with an excellent grasp of grammar and punctuation.
- Extremely high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to operate firm systems and generate reports/data quickly and accurately.
- Collaborative, team-orientated approach with the flexibility and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Excellent team player with the ability to work co-operatively and flexibly within own team and across other teams, locally and globally.
- Enthusiastic and proactive, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and demonstrate flexibility as required to perform under pressure.
- An innovative mind-set and a passion for developing and evolving the way you, and your colleagues, work.
- Positive attitude toward work and a desire to learn and develop your role and skillset.
- Ability to effectively interact with peers and internal clients including senior stakeholders - especially under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work autonomously when required as well as ability to work within a team and take direction from others.
Desired skills and experience:
- Previous experience within a shared service or outsourced environment at a similar level.
- Experience with Content Management Systems.
- Ability to switch between detail and the bigger picture.
- Ability to read and write in Chinese (simplified), Japanese or Indonesian Bahasa will be an advantage.