We are currently recruiting for a Senior Media Relations Manager to join our Marketing department on a permanent basis.
The business development, marketing and communication team is integral to the setting and achievement of the firm’s global client strategy, which includes guiding the partners and associates in their pursuit of becoming the clients’ trusted advisers, building and maintaining long-lasting, deep institutional client relationships, winning new clients, increasing the visibility of the firm globally, and positioning the firm as the thought leader and most advanced law firm among the global elite law firms. The function works as one team across the globe with very close collaboration between the central groups, such as communications, and the professionals working in local offices, practice groups, sectors and clients.
- The Senior Manager Media Relations will create media relations strategies which support the firm’s brand and business goals and which make the firm stand out and relevant to clients
- The role requires someone with the drive and ambition to create impact both with senior in-house stakeholders and the business media
- Media relations team
- Global head of communications
- Partners and other lawyers
- Global communications and business development colleagues
- Financial and legal journalists
Role and responsibilities
- The Senior Manager Media Relations will proactively engage with partners and other colleagues to create multi-year media relations strategies which support the firm’s brand and business goals
- Work on business issues and trends of strategic importance to the firm, such as ESG, private capital and technology, and build compelling narratives that create brand relevance for A&O and which position the firm in as a leading global law firm, with a distinctive, forward-thinking reputation that will excite clients and other key stakeholders
- Plan, execute, track and evaluate the media relations strategy as part of a team of four media relations professionals
- Drive tactical news as well as longer term thought leadership and market commentary campaigns and opportunities for our market-leading spokespeople
- Develop relationships with target trade, broadcast and national media
- Work collaboratively with communications and business development colleagues to deliver impactful campaigns
- Engage with, advise and provide support to colleagues with responsibility for media relations across our global network
- More than 10 years’ experience of advising and influencing senior stakeholders on media relations
- Track record of success in delivering impactful media campaigns and coverage
- Strong media relationships
- Sophisticated knowledge of the issues affecting multinational businesses across sectors
- Confidence, energy and the ability to juggle multiple requests, prioritise and act quickly to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Exceptional influencing skills
- Ability to identify and develop compelling stories for the media
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. INDSJ
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.