We are currently recruiting for a Monitoring Analyst to join our aosphere department on a permanent basis.
aosphere LLP is an affiliate of A&O and produces market leading web-based legal and compliance management products currently focused on derivatives, shareholding disclosure, marketing restrictions, data privacy and e-signatures. aosphere’s products are used by over 600 institutions and over 15,000 users worldwide including most leading banks and 80% of the top 20 world’s largest asset managers. Its flagship products include netalytics, CSAnalytics, diligence and the Rulefinder product range. aosphere LLP is at the forefront of legal innovation and has featured multiple times in the prestigious Financial Times Innovative Lawyers report. aosphere LLP is also a pioneer in the use of flexible working arrangements. The team is based in London, Belfast, New York and Sydney.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Monitoring Analyst to join the team. The role involves supporting our existing client facing products and the maintenance of various databases of regulatory data and news using a number of systems and information sources, together with providing legal support to the aosphere product group lawyers. The successful candidate will work directly with the aosphere product teams, providing content management and administrative support for existing and new monitoring systems.
aosphere product/legal, admin and support teams.
Role and responsibilities
- Content editing for existing suite of client products.
- Maintain various databases of regulatory data and news.
- Monitor, co-ordinate and report on daily news monitoring.
- Organising and summarising information.
- Drafting and sending important alerts to clients in a timely manner.
- Performing data quality checks.
- Work closely with the aosphere legal teams to conduct regular reviews of data sources.
- Assisting the legal teams to establish new sources for monitoring, ensuring all jurisdictions and relevant topics are covered.
- Assisting the legal teams where required with tasks such as Instructing counsel and reviewing draft responses, restructuring documents and managing legal projects and deadlines.
- Dealing with specific lawyer queries.
- Cross training of skills for new starters and other team members.
- Regular reviews of existing monitoring processes to identify areas to improve efficiency.
- Assisting the Head of Operations with the organisation of daily monitoring tasks for the team, to ensure all areas are fully covered throughout the day.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of supporting lawyers.
- Organised and methodical approach to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assist with collecting, organising, analysing, and disseminating significant amounts of information with accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills on all levels. This role involves daily communication with the aosphere product/legal and support teams.
- The capability to rapidly learn new IT applications.
- Pro-active, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative and under pressure.
- Team working skills are essential.
Who we are looking for
The position would appeal to an individual with experience working with and supporting lawyers and wishing to work in a small team and fast growing legal technology environment. All necessary training to ensure the successful candidate is fully involved in supporting the business at the earliest opportunity will be provided.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. INDSJ
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.