Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends in legal markets and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases make headline business news. We have a reputation for delivering excellence in all that we do and are continuing to break new ground. In joining our team, you will be part of a flexible, inclusive culture that is underpinned by openness and acceptance. We’re driven by the belief that, to perform, people need support and space to collaborate. By combining those values with an ambitious outlook, you will have the opportunity to thrive.
Our London IP Litigation group
Our market-leading IP Litigation group in London represents a wide range of blue chip clients, spanning the life sciences, high-tech, media, consumer goods and financial services sectors. With deep expertise in life sciences patent litigation, technology patent disputes (including SEP and FRAND disputes), brands, designs and copyright litigation, as well as licensing and trade secrets disputes, we have acted on many of the leading IP cases in the UK in recent years.
As a full-service, global firm, we are also able to offer our clients a joined-up, strategic approach to multi-jurisdictional disputes, bringing together leading expertise from multiple geographies and practice areas. We regularly advise on pan-European and global disputes, meaning that our lawyers are constantly exposed to their international colleagues, working closely with disputes teams around our network to deliver the best results for our clients.
We currently have over 160 dedicated intellectual property lawyers across our offices in Europe, Asia Pacific and the US, with a wealth of experience across both contentious and transactional IP. Further, you would be joining us at an exciting time for our IP practice, with significant expansion taking place as we solidify our position as the leading global IP disputes practice. Having recently announced significant partner hires in Northern California, Washington DC, New York and Boston, you will quickly have the opportunity to work with our global team on market-leading cases.
Based on pending and anticipated case load over the coming years, we are looking for individuals with 2 or more years’ experience in IP litigation, with a focus on patent litigation (either in the technology or life sciences sectors, or both). Experience of other areas of contentious intellectual property (eg trade secrets, brands) would be a bonus, but is not essential. If you have the desire to master your IP litigation skills in a leading international practice, this is the opportunity for you.
- Partners, Associates and the wider IP litigation team in London and globally
- Business Development teams
- Professional Support Lawyers
Role and responsibilities
- Working with experts and witnesses on reports & evidence.
- Drafting, reviewing and amending inter-solicitors correspondence, expert reports, advice, etc
- Case management, including liaising with clients, witnesses, barristers and internally, working to deadlines.
- Business development and profile raising, including via client seminars, pitches, client alerts, publications, etc.
- Contribution to group know-how & active participation in training sessions
- Legal research and advice
- 2 PQE+ qualified lawyer with a solid knowledge and understanding of patent litigation, including procedural and strategic aspects, case analysis, timelines, expert selection and evidence and trial preparation
- Experience across some or all of the following areas:
- Technology, SEP and FRAND disputes and strategy
- Innovator vs generic/biosimilar launch and litigation scenarios
- Biologics or other innovator/innovator disputes in the life sciences sector
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative team player
Wider A&O community
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we’ve developed a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that not only solve our clients’ challenges but exceed their expectations. By embracing new ways of thinking, integrating technology into our everyday work and putting our people first, we’ve become known for leading by example.
Join our team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and consistent support for one another. Our culture enables people to define their own career path based on their strengths, while our ambitious outlook ensures we continue to provide each person with opportunities to thrive. We’re also committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. If you’re ready to play your part in defining the future of law: It’s Time.