Client Services Assistant - 12 month FTC
- Allen & Overy LLP
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 13 Jun 2022
- Vacancy Type
- Other specialist roles, Facilities Management
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator, Admin
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
We are currently recruiting for Client Services Assistants to join our Business Services department on a 12 month FTC basis.
The aim of this department is to provide ‘best in class’ hospitality & document services to the legal practices, covering a wide range of Hospitality Services (Catering, Front of House, Housekeeping, AV and the Health & Wellbeing Centre) and Document Services (the Bridge, Reprographics, Records, Central Scanning, E-Bibles, Mailroom & Office Assistants). The purpose of this role is to manage the operational client services including Front of House and Reservation functions at Bishops Square; including the Conference Suite, Training Suite, Reception desks, Reservations London, Business Support Centre and support the contracts for the Audio Visual & Multimedia services and visitor management for Sub-tenant teams.
Allen & Overy's Front of House team aim to consistently provide and maintain excellent standards of client care and service in all Front of House areas – 1st Floor Conference Suite, Ground Floor, Gallery & Auditorium, Business Support Centres and Client Dining rooms.
- Head of Hospitality Services
- FOH Manager
- FOH Team Leaders and Supervisors
Role and responsibilities
- Candidates will need to be able to work various shifts between 07.30 and 20.00, Monday to Friday*.
In addition to a high level of client service, computer literacy is needed with the ability to learn new systems quickly and work under pressure. Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and Electronic Reservations Systems advantageous. Typing speed 40+ wpm.
FOH Team Responsibilities
- Carry out all Reception duties as required to include meeting and greeting visitors for client meetings, client dining, seminars, training courses and other events, liaising with meeting hosts and clients and following specific instructions for individual bookings and visitors
- Be fully familiar with the Room Booking system and Conference Suite facilities, especially the layout and usage of rooms, in order to meet reservation requests quickly & efficiently on a daily basis
- Carry out regular floor walks/room checks to ensure rapid turnaround of rooms and be proactive and effective in the co-ordination and monitoring of meeting room bookings on the day to ensure maximum utilisation of all meeting rooms
- Work closely with all team members in Reservations London, Event and Graduate training teams to ensure that all special requests are forwarded to the relevant parties immediately.
- Liaise directly with the AV, IT, Catering and Housekeeping teams, ensuring that all equipment and/or catering are provided correctly and on time, and then promptly cleared at the end of each meeting.
- Be responsible for completing a thorough checklist for early morning and late shift duties in accordance with the team procedures; this includes comprehensive room checks and thorough handovers and reports for each shift.
- Be responsible for ensuring all messages for clients and staff are forwarded in a timely and professional manner, using good liaison & telephone skills.
- Communicate with all team members especially during handovers and when covering breaks. Be flexible and responsive in carrying out all duties, in some cases aiding the Front of House team and Business Services teams in other areas, as and when required.
- Assist clients with any travel amendments, all internal travel should be booked through the Travel Desk in BSQ, taxis are arranged by the ground floor Concierge for external clients.
- Coordinate associate lists & make arrangement for client swears and affidavits requests.
- Provide administrative support to clients and staff, as required, such as printing, copying, scanning, courier requests etc. Obtain work from meeting rooms when requested i.e. photocopying, typing and faxing and ensure that any documents/faxes left unattended are delivered to the appropriate individual.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach in undertaking these duties and any other duties or shifts as required by the Business or Front of House Manager.
- Ensure that all clients and A&O staff including International visitors are dealt with exceptionally high standards of customer service at all times.
- Flexible and mobile approach are essential to work in a number of different areas within Front of House on a rotational basis.
- Maintain a professional corporate image and immaculate presentation at all times.
- Provide administrative support to clients and staff, as required
- Communicate with all team members especially during handovers and when covering breaks
- Be fully familiar with an electronic room booking system and Conference Suite facilities, especially the layout and usage of rooms, in order to meet reservation requests quickly & efficiently on a daily basis
Who we are looking for
- Reception experience gained within a medium-to-large organisation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a friendly and motivated attitude are essential, as is the ability to liaise with staff and clients at all levels.
- Excellent telephone manner and the ability to project a professional and efficient image of the firm at all times.
- Highly computer literate with the ability to learn new systems quickly and work under pressure. Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and Electronic Reservations Systems advantageous. Typing speed 40+ wpm.
- Flexible and multi-skilled, to match the changing demands of the business.
- Team player and enthusiastic to deliver excellent client care on a daily basis.
Working shift pattern of 7.30am to 3.30pm, 8.00am to 4.00pm, 9.00am to 5.00pm, 10.00am to 6.00pm, 11.00am to -7.00pm and12.00pm to 8.00pm on a weekly rotation.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. INDSJ
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.
With over 5,600 people in over 40 offices, Allen & Overy is a business doing work of global significance.
Our success is built on the work of talented and motivated people who thrive in a supportive and collaborative environment, dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of work for our clients. We’re ambitious and forward-thinking, committed to growing our business and meeting the future head-on. We’re not afraid of change, and we believe in challenging the status quo.
What we do goes beyond delivering an outstanding service. We lead the market by creating new solutions for our clients’ most complex legal and business challenges, helping them grow, innovate and thrive. By thinking creatively and entrepreneurially, we challenge expectations, push boundaries and build for the future. We draw on a world-leading network of expertise and a unique platform – such as our Advanced Delivery services and our network of Peerpoint consultants, to set the highest standards for our industry.
Global coverage in today’s market does not simply mean having offices in important cities around the world. For us, it means combining our global resources and sector expertise to work on matters that cross international boundaries with our culturally and geographically diverse teams. For you, it means that wherever you work, you’ll find a culture of inclusion and support – feeling confident to bring your whole self to work every single day. We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. At A&O, you're not only valued for what you do, but for who you are.
We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
- +44 (0) 20 3088 0000
One Bishops Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert