HR Systems Specialist (12 month contract)
- Allen & Overy LLP
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 13 Jun 2022
- Vacancy Type
- Human Resources, HR systems
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
We are currently recruiting for an HR Systems Specialist to join our London team on a 12 month contract. This role is one of a small in-house team responsible for supporting and enhancing the firm's global people systems including PeopleSoft HR (including Global Payroll), IBM Kenexa Recruitment ATS and Performance Management
The post-holder will be responsible for; collecting, analysing and documenting HR user process/system requirements, investigating options for delivering and/or optimising user requirements, proactively generating options for enhancing/optimising HR Systems in support of HR and business requirements. The post-holder can expect to become involved in the specification and configuration of new system features.
To be successful the post-holder will require an ability to work with a range of stakeholders across the global firm and to influence discussions on planning and delivery of the HR Systems roadmap.
Whilst experience of PeopleSoft or similar systems would be an advantage, full training is provided, so attitude and aptitude are key.
Role and responsibilities
- Design and delivery of new PeopleSoft functionality and processes.
- To engage independently with colleagues across the global HR team to drive forward best practice around systems and reporting.
- Delivery of high-quality, repeatable training for new members of the global HR team.
- Develop relationships within the HR systems team to drive efficiencies and effectiveness across HR systems.
- Use of knowledge gained through user interaction to actively improve the quality of HR systems and processes.
- Provision of general advice on the use of HR and reporting systems and related business processes. Provide 1:1 follow-up support to end users as required.
- Liaise with other departments and owners of downstream systems to proactively resolve data and technical discrepancies.
- Take an administrative role in regular HR processes that require system support.
- Update the configuration of the PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 system to support new functionality or new offices.
- Second line support for Helpdesk and HR users, logging and tracking issues, resolving where possible or escalating as appropriate.
- Update user documentation as required.
- Provide support to testing system changes as part of regular business-as-usual release cycle.
- Develop own PeopleSoft skills and keep them up to date as required.
- Demonstrable experience of working within HR or IT system support
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to customer service
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise appropriately
- Highly effective communication skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Must be a collaborative team player willing to help others for success of the team
- Must be self-motivated and proactive with an ability to work independently when required
- An appreciation of the importance of our people systems and the need to strive to be better in every aspect of our service delivery
- Understanding of HR and Training business processes, possibly in an international or professional services environment
- PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 experience is an advantage
- Core HR, including absences, international assignments and basic configuration etc
- Interest in, and aptitude for, developing new areas of PeopleSoft functionality
- Technically adept with new technologies
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. INDSJ
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.
With over 5,600 people in over 40 offices, Allen & Overy is a business doing work of global significance.
Our success is built on the work of talented and motivated people who thrive in a supportive and collaborative environment, dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of work for our clients. We’re ambitious and forward-thinking, committed to growing our business and meeting the future head-on. We’re not afraid of change, and we believe in challenging the status quo.
What we do goes beyond delivering an outstanding service. We lead the market by creating new solutions for our clients’ most complex legal and business challenges, helping them grow, innovate and thrive. By thinking creatively and entrepreneurially, we challenge expectations, push boundaries and build for the future. We draw on a world-leading network of expertise and a unique platform – such as our Advanced Delivery services and our network of Peerpoint consultants, to set the highest standards for our industry.
Global coverage in today’s market does not simply mean having offices in important cities around the world. For us, it means combining our global resources and sector expertise to work on matters that cross international boundaries with our culturally and geographically diverse teams. For you, it means that wherever you work, you’ll find a culture of inclusion and support – feeling confident to bring your whole self to work every single day. We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. At A&O, you're not only valued for what you do, but for who you are.
We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
- +44 (0) 20 3088 0000
One Bishops Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert