We currently have an opportunity for a Functional Analyst to join our Finance team in London to provide high quality expert financial systems support to users. The team proactively assist in training and user education and create and maintain administration and user documentation. The successful candidate will aid in the identification of functional improvements and participate in their design, testing and implementation as well as providing project support for solution implementations and rollouts.
Support hours for the team are 7:00am to 7:00pm so candidates should be willing to work shifts of 7:00am to 3:00pm, 9:30am to 5:30pm and 11:00am to 7:00pm.
Role and responsibilities
- Provide high quality and expert financial systems support to our global user community
- Manage 3E support calls in a timely manner using the agreed incident management processes and systems
- Recording, monitoring and escalation of software bugs and issues
- Manage user expectations in a professional and customer orientated manner to provide a high quality customer service
- Continuously strive to improve service, processes and use of Finance Systems
- Daily monitoring and maintenance of the Finance Systems
- Assist in the maintenance and coordination of system setups and security
- Actively engage in projects being undertaken to improve finance systems
- Assist with the design of functional improvements and provide software testing to ensure solution meets requirements and is ready for implementation
- Aid in the identification of functional improvements by business partnering with BA and Development teams, and subsequent logging of changes within development tracking systems
- Aid in the identification of areas for performance improvement and assist IT in the analysis and testing of subsequent solutions
- Perform the 3E month-end and year-end processes (on a rota basis)
- Develop a deep understanding of customised Elite 3E solution and peripheral integrated systems
- Create and maintain administration and user documentation. Ensure all relevant documentation is stored and published within appropriate systems (i.e. virtual files and Intranet)
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of training documentation and scripts. Assist in the provision of training courses as required, to ensure all Finance users have the appropriate knowledge for their role
- Support and provide cover for other Functional Analysts within the Finance Systems Group team
- Experience of Elite 3E finance and practice management systems is necessary.
- Excellent finance transactional processing knowledge gained within a Finance operational role
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and must be self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with excellent time management skills
- Although teamwork is vital, needs to be able to work on their own, therefore taking the initiative and having a desire to get the job done
- Ability to adapt to and implement change
- A flexible approach and a can do attitude a must
- Experience working in a global organisation with complex structures
- Ability to work with others remotely essential as team is split over multiple locations and the reach of the support provided is global.
- Experience within a support and training function
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.