Can you create and deliver presentations with impact? Would you excel at helping colleagues understand our brand proposition? Do you enjoy working on the delivery of different formats of marketing content - from video to podcasts? Then this is the role for you.
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 79 offices in 45 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
About the Role
As the Brand & Digital Communications Executive, you will help ensure the CMS brand proposition is effectively integrated across CMS offices in the UK, Central & Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Working with the Head of Brand and Digital, and other members of the CMS business development and communications community, you will be involved in the management of marketing content across a range of channels, including video, podcasts, written content, presentations, etc.
- Create and deliver presentations around our Future Facing brand proposition and visual identity;
- Be the 'go to' person for questions about the CMS brand proposition and visual identity;
- Identify and champion Future Facing behaviour across CMS;
- Support CMS practice groups, sector groups and offices in developing toolkits to enable them to support the CMS brand proposition through their own activities;
- Build a good working relationship with colleagues around the world who are also working in brand-related roles and participate in relevant meetings;
- Work closely with the in-house CMS Design Centre to discuss creative projects, provide guidance on the CMS visual identity guidelines and encourage greater creativity within the visual identity;
- Write and edit a range of materials, including overviews of the firm, web copy and external/ internal communications;
- Coordinate the production of videos, including day-to-day management of the CMS Studio;
- Take ownership of, and maintain, all brand-related information on the CMS intranet and other channels;
- Support BD colleagues and fee-earners in the production of podcasts;
- Cover social media responsibilities in the absence of the Social Media Executive (e.g. annual leave);
- Lead the relationship with the CMS promotional items supplier, reviewing and approving artwork and ad hoc requests;
- Manage the firm's photography;
- Provide visual identity related guidance to the CMS Template team.
An ideal candidate will have:
- At least two years' experience of working within a professional services environment;
- Strong understanding of the importance of brand to a professional services firm and how to explain its relevance to lawyers;
- Excellent copywriter, able to produce crisp, concise and engaging content;
- Thorough understanding of English grammar;
- Proven stakeholder management experience;
- Proven project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once;
- Strong PowerPoint skills;
- Basic Photoshop skills for mocking up basic visuals;
- Video editing skills are a bonus but not essential;
- An interest in creative work, with an eye for visual and experience of briefing creatives;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Pragmatic and proactive attitude;
- Excellent organisation skills.
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.