Our Finance Team in Dubai is looking to hire a Junior Accountant. About CMS
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 79 offices in 45 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent. About the Role
Post disbursements, purchase invoices into accounts payable system including accurate coding of costs, VAT etc in the general ledger.
* Obtain approval for payment of invoices in line with company approval policy.
* Set up payment of invoices in line with credit terms and allocate payments.
* Perform regular supplier reconciliation including liaising with suppliers for disputed invoices
* Create and maintain vendor codes in accounting system.
* Recording petty cash, debit and credit card transactions.
* Process expense claims.
* Pay off fee notes against money received in the accounting system, cashiering
* Post monthly journals into the accounting system as required by the finance controller, eg: fixed assets, prepayments, accruals
* Prepare bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations as required by the finance controller
* Monitor client money balances
* Intercompany balance reconciliations
* Assisting with filing VAT returns
* Assisting with annual budgets.
* Other adhoc duties. About You
Experience in running an accounts payable ledger
Experience using accounting systems
Good knowledge of Excel
Knowledge of VAT rules in Middle East.Key Skills
Pays attention to detail and quality of work
Operates as part of a team
Ability to work under pressure
Flexible working approach
Adaptable to changes in the working environment
Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking actionProfessional/Educational Qualification
ACCA/CMA/ Finance degree Equal Opportunities
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion
pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.