We are looking for a Research Analyst to join our growing Business Intelligence team. This role will suit someone in the early stages of their business research career and looking for a step-up, or a graduate looking for their first role as a research analyst.
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 80 offices in 50 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
About the Role
Our firm is focused on building strong relationships with our clients and industry sectors, underpinned by an immense depth of knowledge about the markets in which we operate.
Your role will be to support this focus by providing clear and concise research and insight to our practice and sector groups.
You will work towards becoming a sector specialist with responsibility for developing the research offering for your sector group
The main responsibilities for the role are:
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the firm's clients
- Providing digestible sector and industry analysis and insight
- Horizon scanning and identification of business opportunities
- Developing relationships with partners and business development managers to gain an understanding of their changing research requirements
- Contribute towards the development of new products and services in response to changing need within the business
You will have business research experience gained in a previous role, or a recent graduate with strong qualitative research skills and a commercial mindset
- A team player with an inquisitive mindset and a 'can-do' attitude
- A good communicator who is comfortable explaining ideas in written or verbal format
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- A commitment to continuous learning and development
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.