Excellent opportunity for an ambitious and commercially astute Revenue Control Team Leader to join a future facing, international law firm and take their career to the next level.
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 80 offices in 50 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
About the Role
The Revenue Control Team Leader will sit in our Working Capital Team, within the Finance and Accounting Department at CMS. It is expected this role will be 30% managerial and 70% working capital. The team leader will report to the Working Capital Manager.
The role will require day to day management of the working capital for partners and providing a revenue service including time/WIP management, billing and detailed transactional reporting "from cradle to grave" in working capital terms.
The Revenue Control Team Leader will quickly build relationships with internal stakeholders to help drive performance and deliver results, whilst offering first class support to Partners.
This is a hands on role, covering an ever expanding range of responsibilities, including:
- Managing a team, including formal annual reviews, coaching and support, personal development plans, career progression opportunities and so forth
- Managing workflows to ensure equal allocation, monitoring capacity and capability
- Attending monthly revenue meetings with Partners and Associates to cover all aspects of WIP, debt, disbursements, client monies, time management and billing
- Providing Partners with client fee breakdowns, using ARCS 3 to accurately report matter progress
- Communicating progress and results to Practice Group Managers and the Working Capital Manager
- Handling and resolving billing queries to ensure matters are billed promptly
- Working with the Credit Control team including follow ups with Partners on outstanding invoices, contacting clients, reviewing provisioned invoices, along with any other escalations to help the firm meet its cash target
- Dealing with various AP related queries
- Dealing with partner/client reports as necessary through the use of Elite/BI/Qlikview
- Maintaining professional regulatory standards and knowledge, e.g. UK VAT requirements & Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Managing the FRS5 process as required
- Managing volume discounts and rebates where necessary
- Managing and monitoring secondments and advising Partners of the process
- Undertaking of any other duties as required by Practice Group Managers, Team Leaders, Senior Finance Managers and Working Capital Manager.
The way in which we do business is ever changing. We are looking for individuals who are adaptable, proactive and able to quickly build professional relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
The right candidate will have:
- Previous experience working in a senior role at a law firm
- Managerial experience
- A high standard of computer literacy (knowledge of Elite systems would be advantageous)
- Excellent communication skills, professional integrity and personal resilience
- Commercial acumen
- Legal experience is also desirable
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Influence and inspire others
- Quickly assimilate a large amount of information in a short space of time
- Work in a fast paced environment at a rapidly evolving organisation
- Manage relationships with tact and diplomacy
- Work effectively as part of a team
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.