Are you looking for an opportunity with a sector driven, technology focused law firm? We are looking for a Senior PR Manager to join our fast paced, dynamic communications team.
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 79 offices in 45 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
About the Role
Working closely with the Head of Communications, the candidate will manage and deliver the firm's PR programme and campaigns in order to build and maintain the positive reputation for CMS in alignment with the firm's wider strategic goals and business priorities. In particular, this role manages all day to day press relations, particularly the legal press. A key member of the communications team, this role is also responsible for ensuring activities are consistent with overall communications activities both internal and external.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing relationships with key target journalists including the legal trade press, facilitating introductions and preparing media briefings, as well as assisting on responses to surveys and features including annual financial surveys (Lawyer, Legal Week and Legal Business)
- Drafting and seeking internal agreement on reactive press enquiries, preparing Q&A's and media briefings where required.
- Assisting the Head of Communications with providing regular and strategic guidance and advice to partners and teams on firm approach to PR and overall positioning.
- Assisting with developing and implementing strategic PR plans for sector groups and practice areas, in line with agreed communications priorities.
- Coordinating external agency support around practice and sector PR, including coordinating opportunities generated by agencies.
- Supporting with forward planning PR activity against set media objectives.
- Working with key contacts to identify business and legal issues around which we can generate positive press coverage.
- Demonstrating an understanding of how media coverage should be evaluated and provide analysis of media coverage, including regular communication to senior management.
- Assisting with m anaging awards programme across key legal, business and sector awards. Including drafting submissions and advising partners/teams on best practice.
- Supporting the implementation and effectiveness of thought leadership campaigns.
This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
The successful candidate will have/will be:
- PR / Communications professional with a minimum of 2 years' experience
- Professional services experience, ideally legal
- Educated to degree level
- Thorough understanding of business / commerce and interest in business developments
- Articulate, with confidence to communicate with senior people taking ownership of tasks and projects
- Team player, able to contribute to the wider team
- Able to identify PR opportunities and manage PR campaigns
- Naturally interested in the news agenda at both national and business level
- Thorough understanding of the need for coordinated internal and external communications
- Strong media contacts
- Strong and natural networker
- Ability to understand complex issues and develop PR angles
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Resilient, able to take criticism and calm in a crisis
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.