We are currently recruiting for a Senior Internal Communications Manager to join our BD, Marketing and Communications department on a permanent basis.
The business development, marketing and communication team is integral to the setting and achievement of the firm’s global client strategy, which includes guiding the partners and associates in their pursuit of becoming the clients’ trusted advisers, building and maintaining long-lasting, deep institutional client relationships, winning new clients, increasing the visibility of the firm globally, and positioning the firm as the thought leader and most advanced law firm among the global elite law firms. The function works as one team across the globe with very close collaboration between the central groups, such as communications, and the professionals working in local offices, practice groups, sectors and clients.
- The Senior Manager Internal Communications will lead and advance internal communications globally to engage, excite and inform partners and staff in support of the firm’s brand and business goals
- The role requires someone with the drive and ambition to play a senior role in the firm and create support for a modern, strategic internal communications function
- Global Head of Communications
- Senior and Managing Partners
- Global marketing and communications colleagues
- Other business functions: Human Resources, Business Services and Finance
Role and responsibilities
- The Senior Manager Internal Communications will create the vision for a modern, effective Internal Communications function which supports the firm’s brand and business goals
- Lead the internal communications and team, ensure they have the right skills and introduce new best practices to deliver the vision
- Proactively engage with the firm’s leadership to create compelling, authentic communications
- Set the global standard for internal communications: engage with, advise and provide support to the leaders of A&O's global offices, practice groups and other business teams and colleagues with responsibility for internal communications on planning and delivery of effective internal communications
- Work collaboratively with senior colleagues in Communications to ensure the alignment of internal and external business messages
- Lead, project-manage and implement internal communications for major business change programmes
- Use data and measurement to inform our internal communications strategy and tactics
- A substantial track record of achievement in an internal communications role in the corporate or professional services sectors
- Significant experience of advising and influencing senior stakeholders
- Sophisticated knowledge of the issues affecting multinational businesses across sectors
- Confidence, energy and the ability to juggle multiple requests, prioritise and act quickly to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Exceptional influencing skills
- Ability to identify and develop compelling campaigns
- Ability to thrive under pressure
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.