Legal Process Improvement Manager
- Allen & Overy LLP
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 8 Jun 2022
- Vacancy Type
- Other specialist roles, Process improvement
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Process Improvement Manager to join us to support building the firm’s capability in legal process improvement. This will include providing support for the creation of a framework to identify, design, implement, monitor and measure process improvement projects across practice groups.
Legal Process Improvement is a new team within Advanced Delivery & Solutions. Our aim is to transform the way A&O delivers its services and improve outcomes for the firm, our people and our clients. Our role is to:
- Work with practice areas to identify Legal Process Improvement projects. Prioritise opportunities that improve fee-earner experience, client experience, profitability and market position.
- Deliver legal process improvements end-to-end utilising Advanced Delivery & Solutions technology and resourcing
- Promote and facilitate the use of Advanced Delivery & Solutions by practice groups through Advanced Delivery Practice Leads
- Facilitate and support the practice areas to adopt solutions and new ways of working for the long term
Role and responsibilities
Provide support to the Legal Process Improvement Lead in:
- Managing end-to-end Legal Process Improvement projects including adoption and change management
- Analysing data and hypothesising areas for improvement
- Working with practice groups to analyse legal services and target areas for improvement
- Create strong business cases for change
- Seek and gain sponsorship from senior stakeholders
- Review legal work as a process, from end-to-end using process improvement methodology
- Facilitate workshops to gain stakeholder input, buy-in and understand where issues and constraints lie
- Identifying root causes and where Advanced Delivery can help
- Ideate and develop new solutions
- Manage subject matter expertise from practice areas and Advanced Delivery & solutions
- Support matter teams to pilot, learn and adopt new ways of working
- Lead the design of the support structures required to change culture and ways of working for the long term
- Measuring the effectiveness of the improved processes, refining as necessary, and monitoring medium to long term effectiveness
- Facilitate change by leading adoption campaigns
- Working closely with practice groups to identify, analyse, design and deliver legal process improvement
- Day-to-day deep working relationship with Advanced Delivery & Solutions departments to understand their services so that they can be imbedded within legal processes
- Provide feedback to Advanced Delivery & Solutions on services (process, resourcing and technology) that they should deliver to maximise their usefulness to practice groups
- Strong consultancy skills gained from either working internally or through formal consultancy experience
- Desirable to have Lean Six sigma training and accreditation, Black Belt preferable
- Significant experience of working in a professional services environment, leading delivery of multiple operational excellence, lean or business transformation projects
- Experience working on legal process improvement and change management, incorporating new technology and digital processes
- Strategic thinker, able to analyse both qualitative and quantitative data and quickly draw conclusions and recommendations
- Self-starter that possess a high degree of initiative and independent judgment with excellent troubleshooting, decision-making, and follow-through skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple work-streams and projects at once, delivering tangible results across multiple change/transformation projects either for external or internal clients, ideally within a law firm or in house legal
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to detail and a focus on delivering results
- Strong technology skills with a good working knowledge of MS Excel, Visio and Project
- Excellent organisational, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
- Strong influencing, ability to build consensus and buy in at all levels and flexes style appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- High-level interpersonal skills to facilitate communication in person, by email, and telephone with professionalism and diplomacy
- Very strong facilitation and presentation skills
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. INDSJ
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.
With over 5,600 people in over 40 offices, Allen & Overy is a business doing work of global significance.
Our success is built on the work of talented and motivated people who thrive in a supportive and collaborative environment, dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of work for our clients. We’re ambitious and forward-thinking, committed to growing our business and meeting the future head-on. We’re not afraid of change, and we believe in challenging the status quo.
What we do goes beyond delivering an outstanding service. We lead the market by creating new solutions for our clients’ most complex legal and business challenges, helping them grow, innovate and thrive. By thinking creatively and entrepreneurially, we challenge expectations, push boundaries and build for the future. We draw on a world-leading network of expertise and a unique platform – such as our Advanced Delivery services and our network of Peerpoint consultants, to set the highest standards for our industry.
Global coverage in today’s market does not simply mean having offices in important cities around the world. For us, it means combining our global resources and sector expertise to work on matters that cross international boundaries with our culturally and geographically diverse teams. For you, it means that wherever you work, you’ll find a culture of inclusion and support – feeling confident to bring your whole self to work every single day. We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. At A&O, you're not only valued for what you do, but for who you are.
We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
- +44 (0) 20 3088 0000
One Bishops Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert