We are currently recruiting for a Developer to join our Integrations Product Team (IPT) within IT in London or Belfast.
The Engineering Team are primarily accountable for delivering the software and applications that Allen & Overy develop internally, and with the help of selected near source and outsource partners.
This includes providing:
- APIs to integrate internal systems
- Data processing and analytics to enable data-driven decision making
- Bespoke legal applications for clients
The IPT are a team of developers playing a vital role the operation of Allen & Overy. The team develop, maintain and operate a number of integrations between core legal workflows along with developing APIs and internal applications. The team are in the process of migrating their services to Azure.
What you’ll do in this role
- Responsible for the Ops of those services.
- Participating in agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, retrospectives and demos.
- Working with IT stakeholders refining acceptance criteria.
- Planning and deploying software releases.
- Writing unit, integration and acceptance tests
- Improving and extending continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Investigating and supporting legal workflow issues
- Sharing knowledge among the team and department with a collaborative mind set
You should apply if you bring
- Demonstrable problem solving skills using C#
- Demonstrable understanding of software architecture, patterns, testing and debugging
- Understanding of modern API development e.g. OpenAPI, Versioning, Blue / Green deployments.
- Solid understanding of the testing pyramid
- Engineering excellence and rigour
- Proactive attitude to self-improvement and working as a team
- Experience of agile working methods and work item tracking tools
- Ability to work cross functionally, building strong relationships with our stakeholders.
- Ability to work as a team and independently, scoping and delivering high quality software.
You’ll stand out if you bring
- Experience with modern .NET frameworks and C# language improvements
- Experience of working with DevOps or DevSecOps teams
- Experience with Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience with Azure DevOps and Azure Cloud
- Experience of working in highly-regulated sectors
- Contributing back to the community through Open Source / Stack Overflow / Meetups.
- A passion for building secure systems.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.