We are currently recruiting for a Training Events Coordinator to join our HR team in the London office. This role will require someone who is highly organised, efficient and who enjoys getting the job done. As part of a team of eight, the role holder is responsible for the event management of a suite of training programmes and the provision of administration support to the Talent and Development Managers. The training events will be organised for all levels within the Firm and throughout our global network and therefore the effective and efficient handling of all related queries is imperative, as is a willingness to travel and work outside normal working hours.
Role and responsibilities
The job will include, but not be limited to:
- Arrange all pre and post logistics for a number of different training events both virtually and in person for global attendees
- Providing on-site and virtual support at events both in-house and at external venues when in person events are taking place
- When events are running in person, Checking on the set up of the meeting rooms and making any last minute changes, Meeting and greeting presenters/facilitators and ensuring they have everything they need and Main point of contact on the day for all delegate queries
- Liaising with teams virtually in the A&O Global offices to supply all the pre event information required to ensure the training runs smoothly
- Promotion of training programmes via internal communication channels. Ie. Intranet site
- Liaising with various external providers in respect of end to end programme management.
- Liaising with Compliance Manager in relation to fee-earning CPD
- Collating collateral for training programmes
- Managing the event budgets
- Preparing and amending documentation as required
- Promotion of training programmes via internal communication channels. Ie. Intranet site and LMS platform
- Maintaining and creating the Training Events file and programme structure within the file management system
- Become a super user of the new Learning Management System
- Ad hoc project work
- The role will ideally suit an individual with a strong event management background who is well organised and has experience in a professional services environment.
- Willingness to work extra hours when required – this will be when events are running and require an early start (from 7.30am) and a late finish (up to 7.30pm)
- Suited to an enthusiastic, efficient candidate with exceptional administrative and prioritisation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships both with internal and external clients
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills across both client groups
- Ability to work to deadlines, juggle multiple projects & deliver under pressure
- Excellent communication skills , both written & oral
- Proven team working skills
- Computer literate with exceptional knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook as well as virtual platforms via Zoom, Webex, MS Teams.
- Effective and efficient with data management and databases
- Experience in a Learning Management System would be desirable eg. Docebo.
- Professional in outlook, attitude & appearance
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, persistent, robust, with a commitment to getting the job done.
- Strong client focus and ability to form strong working relationships across a large and diverse organisation
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.