Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
What you'll do:
- Transactional support (including drafting documents);
- Document management and production;
- Managing completion meetings;
- Note taking and taking minutes;
- Company secretarial matters including Companies House and other regulatory filings;
- file administration including opening, archiving and billing;
- Scheduling and compiling bibles of documents;
- Assisting with business development initiatives;
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures;
- Other ad hoc Paralegal duties.
What you'll need:
The firm operates a paralegal career structure which sets out the competencies we expect of those at this level, and beyond. For this role we require:
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines;
- Good communication skills both oral and written;
- A strong team player;
- Extensive IT abilities;
- A positive and proactive attitude;
- Flexibility and commitment;
- An ability to operate with minimum supervision;
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- A willingness to learn;
- Flexible and willing to go the extra mile;
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach;
- Common sense and ability to use initiative.
- University degree
- LPC is desired
- Previous Paralegal experience is desired
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.