Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
This is a new role for an enthusiastic and creative business development and marketing professional to support the continued growth of the firm's business in the Midlands and North West. Our Birmingham and Manchester offices have over 130 fee earners combined and advise on a wide range of services including real estate, corporate and commercial, construction, public sector, finance, dispute resolution and employment. This is a great opportunity for someone to work with these two offices in creating regional strategies whilst being supported by the wider Marketing team and in the context of an international law firm.
The firm's marketing and business development team of 26 is currently spread across London, Birmingham and Dubai. This role will be based in either our Birmingham or Manchester office and this will be determined by where the successful candidate is located. Whilst there will be a focus on building relationships in the two regions and supporting the teams based in each office, we operate on a national and international basis so the individual will be engaged with campaigns and initiatives across sectors and geographies.
Reporting to a Senior Business Development Manager in the team, the role includes some shared management responsibilities including project management, delegation and overseeing work across the team.
As the role is supporting two offices equally it will require travel between the regions and to the other UK offices to engage with teams on a national basis as well as to attend and organise conferences and other events.
- Build relationships with clients, prospective clients and intermediaries across the Midlands and North West to support the growth of the business
- Devise and implement campaigns and engaging content to raise profile and help win new business
- Engage with lawyers across the business to help them build and maintain relationships and pursue opportunities with existing clients and prospects
- Work with other managers in the team to draft and implement business and marketing plans
- Work closely with the rest of the Marketing team to share ideas, collaborate across sectors and campaigns and identify opportunities
- Manage marketing budgets
- Oversee marketing events including seminars, hospitality and exhibitions
- Provide support and advice on bids and tenders working closely with the bids team
- Involvement in the firm's client development, client listening and intermediary programmes
- Oversee the production of literature including client newsletters and bulletins
- Work with the PR team to maintain and build profile across the practices
Personal attributes skills and experience
- Excellent relationship building, team building and collaboration skills
- Ability to operate autonomously yet also work as part of a team
- A positive and proactive attitude with gravitas and credibility, drive and enthusiasm
- A creative thinker with the ability to translate industry knowledge into actions and connect ideas
- Excellent project management skills
- Flexibility and commitment to work outside of normal office hours
- Good oral and written communication skills with a commitment to quality / high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines under pressure
- 5+ years' marketing experience in a law firm, professional services or equivalent environment
- CIM qualifications or equivalent (highly desirable)
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.