Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise across the spectrum of legal matters including high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, contentious matters and all aspects of risk. We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic Technology team, which supports our lawyers in providing first-class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well-known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. In light of the continuing coronavirus pandemic, the firm has evolved a new hybrid approach to working, which sees our people working between their respective remote environments and our prestigious Headquarters at One Bunhill Row, in the heart of the City of London.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as SharePoint Consultant within our leading London-based Technology team.
We are recruiting for a SharePoint consultant to join the Technology Department initially for a 6 month contract but with large potential for extension.
The SharePoint consultant will augment the Development team and have responsibility for the firm’s SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online environments.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Act as administrator for the firm’s SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online environments
- Provide advice and recommendations relating to the best configuration and use of SharePoint to the teams within the business
- Develop and deliver technical solutions to support the legal and business service functions within the firm
- Build strong relationships and liaise closely with the business owners of the tools to understand and gather ongoing business requirements, for future analysis by the business analysts
- Offer support on product functionality to the business analysts to enhance product features and identify new use-cases
- Engage fully with vendors, developing an in- depth knowledge of their roadmap and continuously feedback on the firm’s experiences to help shape the future direction of the products
- Deliver training, demonstrations and workshops to business users as required
- Keep up-to-date documentation, providing service transition documents to enable 1st and 2nd line support to provide 24x7 cover
- Provide 3rd line support for SharePoint and related products with the technical skill to find the root cause of reported issues and the ability to recommend solutions or workarounds
- Act as technical expert and liaison point for all software upgrades/changes to products within area of responsibility
- Ensure all systems are secure, well maintained and complaint with internal governance
Candidates for this position will be expected to have worked, or be working, in a similar role within a professional services environment.
Candidates for this position must have:
- In-depth knowledge of the SharePoint platform both in terms of system’s architecture and product functionality.
- Experience of migrating on-premises SharePoint to SharePoint Online would be beneficial.
- SharePoint development experience
- Strong visual design skills used to design and build easily consumable sites, forms, and apps.
- Knowledge creating InfoPath forms, SharePoint workflows and SharePoint surveys.
- Excellent communication skills, dealing confidently with members of the firm at all levels, particularly when communicating technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- The ability to engage with users at all levels, to understand their challenges and to derive functional and technical requirements.
- To have, or be able to gain, sufficient knowledge to support the integrations with related products in use at the firm.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot incidents and problems in a methodical and efficient manner.
- A pro-active approach to work taking ownership and being accountable.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Good knowledge, or the ability to gain technical knowledge, of the Microsoft Teams platform and how to monitor, maintain and extend the platform.
- Experience of designing and/or supporting mobile applications.
- Experience of the Power Platform.
- Information governance, security, and confidentiality.
- PowerShell and C#.
- Jira, Azure DevOps, or other agile development management tools
- Exposure to Dynamics 365.