Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise across the spectrum of legal matters including high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, contentious matters and all aspects of risk. We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic Technology team, which supports our lawyers in providing first-class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well-known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. In light of the continuing coronavirus pandemic, the firm has evolved a new hybrid approach to working, which sees our people working between their respective remote environments and our prestigious Headquarters at One Bunhill Row, in the heart of the City of London.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as Dynamics Consultant within our leading London-based Technology team.
The role will sit within the Change Management Development team, in the Technology department. It is initially for 6 months but with but with large potential for extension.
The Head of Change Management heads up the Project Management Office, Quality Assurance, and the Development teams.
The team is headed by the Software Development and Applications manager and compromises 30 developers working across several platforms used by the firm.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Working with the technical product owner to ensure the operational health of the Dynamics 365 environment including security, availability, performance, interoperability, and reliability
- Liaise closely with the business stakeholders to understand and document functional and technical requirements
- Provide 2nd line support for our Dynamics CRM implementation
- Working with 3rd party vendors and Microsoft to resolve issues
- Maintaining licenses and AD groups with the Operations team
Candidates for this position will be expected to have worked, or be working, in a similar role within a professional services environment.
Candidates for this position must have:
- Minimum 1 year as a Dynamics system administrator
- Proven experience in Dynamics CRM
- Business facing, stakeholder engagement, working with cross-functional teams to derive functional and technical requirements, and turning these into technical designs and working solutions.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving approach.
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Pro-active and accountable.
- Displays the highest standard of professional ethics.
- Desire to learn modern technologies rapidly, and to keep up to date with latest products and developments regarding Dynamics.
- Dynamics development
- Power Platform - Power Apps, Automate and Power BI
- ETL tools and processes
- SharePoint 2016/Online