Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise on high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, delivering innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic Human Resources (HR) team, which supports our lawyers in providing first-class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well-known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader. To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. As a result of Government guidance in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we have successfully and seamlessly adapted to home-working, which is a testament to the resilience and agility of our people. We all look forward to returning to our prestigious Headquarters at One Bunhill Row, in the heart of the City of London, when it is safe and appropriate for us to do so, where we enjoy a range of excellent facilities.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as a HR Administrator, particularly supporting our London-based Experienced Hires Recruitment Team.
We are recruiting a HR Administrator to work in the Lateral Hire Recruitment team which is part of the wider HR Advisory and Resourcing team within the Human Resources department. HR is responsible for attracting, recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, supporting and developing the firm’s people to help drive and shape the future success of the firm.
The HR department comprises the following teams - HR Advisory and Resourcing, Trainee Recruitment, Inclusion and Corporate Responsibility, Reward and Benefits and Learning and Development (‘L&D’). The Recruitment function is headed-up by a Senior Recruitment Manager.
As a member of the wider HR Advisory and Resourcing team you will add value to the firm by providing efficient and reliable support to the recruitment team throughout the entire recruitment cycle.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below – there may be others which are not listed. The role is to work Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 5.30pm. Duties include:
- Providing required administrative support to the Lateral Recruitment team
- Coordinating interviews and candidate testing to ensure a positive candidate and interviewer experience
- Creating and formatting interview packs
- Formatting job descriptions as required
- Liaising with hiring managers, candidates and recruitment agencies on a daily basis
- Compiling new joiner offer packs
- Adding joiners onto/ monitoring the pre- employment screening system
- Adding existing employees onto/ monitoring the during employment screening system
- Supporting with the full on-boarding process and organising inductions for employees and contractors
- Diary management and booking rooms as required
- Processing invoices and expenses for the Resourcing team
- Ensuring the recruitment executive, advisers and senior manager are regularly updated on the status of interview requests and escalating any queries or issues that may arise
- Attending and contributing to team meetings
- Monitoring and actioning tasks from the HR Service Desk mailbox on a rota basis. Tasks can include; system updates, general filing, letters, attendance queries and phone calls
- Maintaining the integrity of the data held on the system and in personnel files in accordance with the firm’s data management policy
- Advertising roles using our applicant tracking system and other external providers
- Providing administrative support for ad hoc projects.
Candidates for this position will be expected to have worked, or be working, in a similar role within a professional services environment. Requirements include:
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages, in particular Word and Excel
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, this role would suit someone from a secretarial or PA background
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written, spoken and presentational
- Excellent attention to detail and good use of grammar
- Proven ability to deal with confidential matters with discretion
- A willingness to provide feedback, share information and contribute ideas and suggestions as necessary
- Ability to build strong business relationships with internal and external clients and the resilience to deal with demanding individuals
- Active listening skills, demonstrating professionalism in all dealings
- Flexibility with hours if necessary when the work of the firm requires it
- Ability to accept instructions and guidance from different angles
- Strong ability to multi-task, keep calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Experience of working in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture
- High level of professionalism and integrity; displaying the highest standard of professional ethics.
You will also be expected to display the attributes set out under the firm’s Key Behaviours for Business Services staff for this level of role. Below are the most relevant for this role:
Technical & professional expertise
- Demonstrates the knowledge, skills and experience needed to complete assigned tasks
- Service excellence
- Displays a professional approach at all times
- Responds quickly and willingly to requests
- Checks own work to ensure accuracy
- Drive to deliver
- Manages own time and pace of work to meet deadlines and priorities set by others
- Willingly takes on reasonable extra tasks or responsibilities
- Working with others
- Approachable and relates well to others
- Analysis & judgement
- Quick to learn and pick up skills
- Understands and is comfortable dealing with straightforward numerical and written information
- Communication & influence
- Explains things clearly using straightforward language and is easily understood
- Speaks confidentially over the phone and in person
- Stays positive and productive during busy periods
- Copes calmly with unexpected inconveniences or problems