Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, advising on high-profile and ground-breaking transactions around the globe. The firm provides clients with a professional service of the highest calibre, combining technical excellence with commercial awareness and a practical, constructive approach to legal issues.
We are offering the opportunity to be part of the team that supports our lawyers in providing world-class legal advice to some of the world's leading businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued and all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive culture. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture values everyone’s contribution to making us a market leader.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, interested individual to join us as a Data & Integration Analyst to join our London-based Technology team
Driven by a large business transformation programme, which is to decommission a complex all-in-one system, many new initiatives and opportunities have been identified. This includes re-designing and upgrading the enterprise architecture and data landscape, introducing a new integration layer, a Master Data Management platform, multiple new applications and systems to support and enhance user experience and moving into a cutting edge technology of cloud and data science capabilities to enable better advanced analytics.
This emerging role at the firm will play a pivotal function in operationalising the most urgent data and analytics initiatives. The bulk of the Data and Integration Analyst would be to define and deliver a full data mapping between 25+ systems, data lineage documentation, data migration requirements and metadata and business rules repository for the ETLs across all core applications and projects. The Data Analyst will also work with the data governance and data security teams to ensure compliance to the data privacy and best practice.
This role will require both creative and collaborative ways of working within IT and the wider business. This includes key business stakeholders, IT experts and subject-matter experts.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Build a comprehensive data mapping and data lineage dictionary: Starting from an As-Is architecture document, the candidate must be able to identify the key data elements or the core data that transit between on premises and on cloud systems and build business rules, metadata and definitions around them as well as documenting the data lineage.
- Review existing and recommend future integration flows: Using their experience, the Data and Integration Analyst must be able to provide advices and guidance on the integration process, flow, impact and benefits. This encompasses how the data should be ingested from, prepared and distributed with the Azure cloud environment.
- Actively engage with the programme team: the candidate must provide expertise and help in the data migration activities from a legacy system to the new world. Experience of providing subject matter expertise and guidance to support in the development of clear, specific customer service requirements.
- Participate in ensuring compliance and governance during data use: The Data Analyst must ensure that the data users and consumers use the data provisioned to them responsibly through data governance and compliance initiatives.
- Collaborate across departments: The successful candidate will need strong collaboration and communication skills in order to work with varied stakeholders within the organization.
Candidates for this position must have:
Education and Training
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data management, information systems, information science or a related quantitative field (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- An advanced degree in computer science (MS), statistics, applied mathematics (Ph.D.), information science (MIS), data management, information systems, information science or a related quantitative field is preferred.
- At least three years or more of work experience in data management disciplines including data integration, ETL, modelling, optimization and data quality, and/or other areas directly relevant to data engineering responsibilities and tasks.
- At least three years of experience working in cross-functional teams and collaborating with business stakeholders in support of a departmental and/or multi-departmental data management and analytics initiative.
Technical and Business Knowledge/Skills
- Highly developed experience of analyzing data, writing report, and the ability to use data and other information from a variety of sources to produce good quality analysis
- Experienced with Intersystem DataTree, Practice Management Systems, HR systems, Billing systems and CRM would be beneficial
- Experienced working with the Data Management, Data Governance functions and Data Security teams
- Experience working with the Business Intelligence areas to better provide data insight
- Hands on and technical expertise in SQL, Power BI, Azure Cloud Integration layout, MDM, Data migration and Enterprise Systems Integrations would be beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple deployment environments including cloud, on-premises and hybrid, multiple operating systems and through containerization techniques.
- Strong experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic business environment.
- Required to have the accessibility and ability to interface with, and gain the respect of, stakeholders at all levels and roles within the company.
- Is a confident, energetic self-starter, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Has good judgment, a sense of urgency and has demonstrated commitment to high standards of ethics, regulatory compliance, customer service and business integrity.
You will also be expected to display the attributes set out under the firm’s Key Behaviours for Business Services staff for this level of role. Below are the most relevant for this role:
- Technical & professional expertise
- Service excellence
- Drive to deliver
- Analysis & judgement
- Communication & influence
- Working with others
- Leading & managing people