Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, advising on high-profile and ground- breaking transactions around the globe. The firm provides clients with a professional service of the highest calibre, combining our technical excellence with an unparalleled commercial awareness and a practical, constructive approach to legal issues. We are offering you the opportunity to be part of the team that supports our lawyers in providing outstanding legal advice to some of the world’s leading businesses.
At Slaughter and May, we have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do. Our inclusive spirit will ensure your contribution is valued and you will enjoy an open, friendly and supportive culture. As a market leader, we will provide you with excellent benefits, facilities and training opportunities to support you in your career.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as a Business Analyst, in our leading London-based Technology Team.
We are recruiting for an experienced Business Analyst to join the Technology Department.
The Business Analyst will sit within the Technology department, but will work as a key member of the cross functional teams. The Business Analyst team is headed up by the Strategy and Architecture Manager and it compromises of 3 Business Analysts. The Business Analyst team sit within the Strategy and Architecture team. The team are involved in a number of full-lifecycle projects, involving the Business Analyst at every stage, including but not restricted to: requirements definition (defining, analysing, documenting and interpreting business requirements), market evaluation, selection, configuration, training, testing, implementation, change management, and post-implementation road-mapping and review.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Undertake consultation, interviews and workshops with diverse stakeholder groups
- Analyse requirements, providing clear, concise and objective analysis
- Document requirements and process flows (existing and future)
- Capture and disseminate both technical and business information
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Liaise between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Assist sponsors to make a preferred solution decision and build business case
- Assist in the implementation of the chosen solution to ensure that it continues to meet the documented requirements; and
- Produce a road-map for future product developments.
- Work alongside the PMO project managers and be accountable for skills and knowledge transfer.
Candidates for this position must have the following skills:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a business analyst role
- Experience of effectively eliciting requirements from a variety of audiences
- Experience of requirements management, including documentation, assimilation, and translating requirements into tender documents
- Experience of generating and collating accurate documentation
- Strong data analysis and mapping skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft products and/or legal software
- Excellent communication skills and team collaboration
- Displays the highest standard of professional ethics
- Ideally BA accredited by either BCS or IIBA
- Experience of dealing with external suppliers
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to build trusted relationships with the key stakeholders at all levels
- Self-starter with the ability to work alone or as part of a team without constant supervision
- Flexible team player, happy to provide support to colleagues in a variety of areas
- Strong time management, organisational and meeting management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while working to deadlines and maintaining a high degree of accuracy, organisation and composure
- Experience of working on IT projects, covering the full software development lifecycle
- Understanding and experience of a variety of project management methodologies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Visio
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience)