Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise across the spectrum of legal matters including high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, contentious matters and all aspects of risk. We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic team, which supports our lawyers in providing first-class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well-known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader. To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. In light of the continuing coronavirus pandemic, the firm has evolveda new hybrid approach to working, which sees our people working between their respective remote environments and our prestigious Headquarters at One Bunhill Row, in the heart of the City of London.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as Quality Assurance Data Analyst within our London-based Technology Team.
We are recruiting for an experienced data analyst to join the Technology Department on a fixed-term contract for our transformation programme ‘Aurora’. The role sits within the Quality Assurance team which is part of the Technology department and the wider Business Services function based at the firm’s head office in London.
The Data Analyst will have extensive experience of testing Data Warehouse / BI / Analytics / ETL / Data Migrations. The role reports into the Quality Assurance Manager, however daily tasks and activities will be defined by the QA Test lead.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
The focus of the role is to ensure the successful delivery of quality data and software to the business. As such the Data Analyst reviews the business requirements, identifies/creates the relevant acceptance/regression tests and provides feedback to stakeholders.
- Test Analysis/Design Identifying and delivering a reusable set of test scripts – focused on testing the migration and transformation of data.
- Test Reporting Creating test artefacts (test completion reports, daily/weekly reports) – which can contain objectives, activities and results.
- Test Execution Executing test cases and providing objective feedback to the project teams and external vendors.
- Test Estimation Responsible for providing accurate estimates for any test artefacts or deliverables required by the project.
Candidates for this position must have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication; able to effectively communicate complex technical terms with non-technical colleagues
- Competent with ETL testing and validating multiple Source databases to target data warehouse tables
- Strong ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritise tasks and meet stringent deadlines
- Experience in testing against large data sets across complex programmes/projects
- Hands on experience and technical understanding of complex Data Warehousing terminology
- Experience of testing in data-driven environments utilising advanced SQL skills
- Solid working knowledge of Agile & Waterfall methodologies and associated test practices
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Experience of working with third-party suppliers/implementation partners
You will also be expected to display the attributes set out under the firm’s Key Behaviours for Business Services staff for this level of role. Below are the most relevant for this role:
- Technical & professional expertise
- Service excellence
- Drive to deliver
- Analysis & judgement
- Communication & influence
- Working with others
- Leading & managing people