Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise across the spectrum of legal matters including high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, contentious matters and all aspects of risk. We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic Technology team, which supports our lawyers in providing first-class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well-known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader. To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. As a result of Government guidance in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we have successfully and seamlessly adapted to home-working, which is a testament to the resilience and agility of our people.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package, for an ambitious individual to join our London- based Programme team ensuring excellence is being delivered to the business.
We are recruiting a Business Change Analyst (BCA) to support the delivery of change management activities for a large business transformation programme. The BCA will report to the Programme Change & Communications Manager.
The Aurora programme is designed to replace the Firm’s legacy, in-house systems with industry standard, market leading solutions including a new Practice Management System (Elite 3E) and BI solution. This is a multi-phase programme delivering a series of changes starting in Q4 2021. The programme is organised into multiple workstreams aligned with the solution(s) being implemented, and this role will become embedded in the successful delivery of each solution from a people perspective.
The BCA will be part of a team responsible for ensuring the transformative change is effectively managed across the Firm through the implementation of appropriate strategies to accelerate adoption and manage impacts of the programme on the Firm’s workforce and Partners. The individual will work closely with The Aurora programme team, as well as a wide range of stakeholders firm-wide. The BCA will be involved in all aspects of change management including communications, stakeholder management/engagement, change impact analysis, change readiness assessments and training delivery.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Stakeholder identification, analysis and planning
- Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Support the creation of a change network of representatives from across the Firm to collaborate with the programme team in ensuring a change-ready state
- Support the identification of people-related risks and develop specific interventions to mitigate or address concerns
- Support the implementation of the programme’s communication strategy and plan
- Crafting and delivering communications in collaboration with programme team members, sponsors and internal stakeholders
Change impact & readiness assessments
- Contribute to the development of business change analysis processes and deliverables
- Conduct change impact assessments in collaboration with programme team members, subject matter experts and internal/external stakeholders
- Formulation of appropriate change plans to prepare affected business areas to transition to the future state
Training, Go Live & Transition to BAU
- Support the delivery of end user training by identifying and articulating new ways of working, behaviours and policies to support the adoption of new technology
- Help to build and be part of the user support structure as each workstream goes ‘live’
- Support transition into BAU, reviewing outcomes and ensuring all changes are embedded
- Obtain a deep understanding of the portfolio of project within scope of the Aurora programme
- Support the integration of business change activities into Aurora workstream plans and work with the Project Managers to ensure these activities remain on track
- Complying with programme governance processes
Candidates for this position must have:
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively at a senior level;
- Proven track record in a business change analysis role, ideally with full lifecycle experience on comparable projects on an international scale;
- Experience of employing a range of change management best practices, methodologies and tools
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent facilitation skills with ability to lead meetings/workshops and manage outputs;
- Self-starter that takes ownership of identified issues and work independently when required;
- Ability to delve into detail as well as analyse and distill multiple inputs to produce meaningful outputs;
- Experience of working in a law firm or professional services environment;
- Experience of legal systems including Elite 3E Intapp Intake, Carpe Diem, Chrome River
You will also be expected to display the attributes set out under the firm’s Key Behaviours for Business Services staff for this level of role. Below are the most relevant for this role:
- Technical & professional expertise
- Service excellence
- Drive to deliver
- Analysis & judgement
- Communication & influence
- Working with others