Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise across the spectrum of legal matters including high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, contentious matters and all aspects of risk. We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic business services team, which supports our lawyers in providing first-class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well-known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,300 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader. To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. As a result of Government guidance in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we have successfully and seamlessly adapted new protocols within the office and home-working, which isa testament to the resilience and agility of our people.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join our London-based Client Services team as a Videographer and Photographer to support the Audio Visual Manager with ensuring excellence is being delivered to the business.
We are recruiting a Videographer and Photographer to work within the Client Services Team, forming part of the wider Business Services function and based at the firm’s Head Office in London.
The AV Team are an integral part of Client Services and are responsible for providing audio and visual media for meetings and events for the entire firm. They are also are responsible for video conferencing, video editing, filming and photography, publication of various recorded presentations and the TV distribution system.
The Client Services department headed up by Stephan Nel comprises 32 individuals across 3 separate teams, this role will be joining the AV team of 5. The role will report into the AV Manager, Robert Steel, and have close interactions with the Digital team in Business Development and the rest of the Client Services department.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below – there may be others which are not listed.
The team are looking for someone to provide an efficient and professional filming and photography service to all clients (internal and external). You will have a genuine passion for video technology and photography and will compose, shoot and edit a wide variety of imagery and video content to help project a consistent and coherent brand image for the firm. The role will be on a shift pattern of 07.30-18.00 and require some working outside the normal working hours when the firm requires. We also require candidates to demonstrate:
- Managing from end-to-end of a variety of onsite filming and photography requests (including taking a brief, proposal creation, presentation of ideas and solutions, and post production analysis and recommendations)
- Setting of objectives in collaboration with the key stakeholders and measurement of success against these post filming/photoshoot
- Leading logistical arrangements and liaison with the relevant internal teams, including business development, porterage, security, and technology
- Working with internal creative team on the design and production as required
- Checking that all areas are clean, tidy and liaise with relevant persons to ensure standards are maintained
- Setting up and supporting Video and Audio recording sessions for editing and production purposes
- Creating on-line training sessions using the Qumu platform to combine Video and Audio footage with PowerPoint.
- Undertaking video editing of captured footage of recorded sessions using Adobe Premiere Pro where required, to provide a seamless, professionally produced video
- Managing onsite and offsite filming and photography work to ensure they run smoothly and as scoped
- Advising and ensuring correct H&S and contingency procedures are adhered to at all times
- Building and maintaining a strong internal network with a variety of teams including the wider Client Services teams, Business Development and Technology
- Driving filming and photography best practice and share industry knowledge with the wider team
- Attending and contributing to team meetings
- Providing occasional onsite support as part of the AV team as required. (Full training to be provided). This may include the following tasks;
- Installing of specified Audio/Visual equipment into rooms (such as projectors, screens, televisions, video players, DVD players, plasma screens, flip charts, whiteboards, video cameras
- Reporting faults to Audio Visual Manager and where necessary arrange with the service/maintenance provider to attend site to rectify
- Loading up of presentations/documents onto laptops
- Removing of all equipment from rooms after end of session
- Providing room user support for the AV systems in the rooms and throughout the building
- Providing support and where required training on the
- Audio/Visual equipment to internal or external users
- Dealing with equipment requests and make/edit/amend bookings for equipment on Manhattan space scheduling
- Providing support for internal and external events on site when
- Audio/Visual equipment has been set up
Candidates for this position must have:
Candidates for this position will be expected to have worked, or be working, in a similar role within a professional legal services environment. We also require candidates to demonstrate:
- Advanced working knowledge and understanding of filming and photography equipment
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong focus on adding value to the firm, remaining solution focused when dealing with challenges
- Ability to deal with multiple demands, including prioritising conflicting demands whilst remaining calm under pressure
- Ability to present ideas clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Meticulous attention to detail as well as the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work collaboratively within the team, the wider department and stakeholders as well as independently
- Ability to communicate comfortably and effectively at all levels and demonstrate assertiveness as appropriate
- Resilience in dealing with demanding individuals and robust when faced with challenges
- A willingness to provide feedback, share information and contribute ideas and suggestions as necessary
- Ability to build strong business relationships with internal and external clients
- Experience of working in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture
- High level of professionalism and integrity; displaying the highest standard of professional ethics and self-awareness
- Well presented, requirement to wear uniform in line with the firms grooming guidelines
- Flexibility with hours when required.