Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise across the spectrum of legal matters including high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, contentious matters and all aspects of risk. We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic Technology team, which supports our lawyers in providing first-class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well-known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader.
To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. The firm has also evolved a new hybrid approach to working (the “Ways of Working Framework”), which sees our people working between their home environments and our prestigious Headquarters at One Bunhill Row, in the heart of the City of London.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package, for an ambitious individual to join our London- based Programme team ensuring excellence is being delivered to the business.
We are recruiting a 3E Subject Matter Expert (SME) to facilitate the delivery of a Thomson Reuters (TRE) 3E implementation as part of a large business transformation programme. The 3E SME will report into the Project Manager on the Finance work stream of the Aurora Programme and work closely with the Senior Finance Lead.
The Aurora programme is designed to replace the Firm’s legacy, in-house systems with industry standard, market leading solutions including a new Practice Management System (Elite 3E) and BI solution.
Focus will primarily be the 3E implementation including subsidiary systems (Carpe, Chrome River, CMS, Advanced Financial Systems (formerly Xcelerate), Sage Fixed Assets and eBilling Hub).
The overreaching goal can be broken down into the following granular objectives:
- Assist in implementation of the defined finance processes for the Finance area; including defining additional changes.
- Perform and assist in the unit, functional and end to end testing of the processes for the Finance area. Including providing guidance to the team and assisting in the identification and resolution of issues.
- Assist in the creation and performance of relevant training of the Finance teams; and
- Assist in the identification and resolution of issues during hypercare.
To ensure success, the individual should understand the business operation and decision-making processes with a keen interest in producing targeted and tangible results by creating an effective and efficient workforce. The individual will work closely with The Aurora programme team, as well as a wide arrange of stakeholders firm-wide.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
A high level understanding of the processes currently performed in the Finance function.
- Document, amend and update the process designs, reporting requirements and security requirements
- Maintain 3E setup spreadsheets
- Assisting in data mapping for the Finance area (resolving defects identified during testing)
- Facilitate and organise the updating of Was/Is and To/Be smartsheets and any other documentation required for Data migration;
- Assist in the creation of Integration Mapping documents with the Data Team and integrations in and out of 3E;
- Ensure a holistic view of testing has been taken and is included in the project plan. Prepare and execute various testing scripts:
- Data testing
- Unit testing
- Functional testing
- End to end testing
- Integration testing
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of system training
- Assist in the delivery of user acceptance training
- Assist in the identification and resolution of system defects
- Assist in the identification of touch points into 3E from various subsidiary projects – e.g. Carpe, Chrome River and CMS.
- Assist in the delivery of requirements, providing clear, concise and objective analysis.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Work alongside the PMO Project Managers and be accountable for skills and knowledge transfer
Candidates for this position must have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of full PMS implementation (essential)
- Experience of legal systems including Elite 3E Intapp Intake, Carpe Diem, Chrome River (ideal)
- Strong data analysis and mapping skills
- Excellent communication skills and team collaboration
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft products
- Experience of working in a law firm or professional services environment (ideal)
- Experience using SQL (database queries)
- Experience participating in integration design and development
- Experience of dealing with external suppliers
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strategic and creative mind-set
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while working to deadlines and maintaining a high degree of accuracy, organisation and composure