Our Technology, Media, Intellectual Property & Competition practice group has an opportunity for a lawyer focused on regulatory and matters within the Life Science sector to join our prestigious team who are ranked highly in both Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners. About CMS
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 80 offices in 50 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent. About the Role
The team operates as a seamless unit between the firm's offices in London, Reading and Glasgow, advising on a broad range of Life Science regulatory matters covering all aspects of product lifecycles and across all segments of the Life Science sector. The team often works together with counsel in other jurisdictions to source advice across multiple jurisdictions for our clients. Our team focuses on work of the highest quality and our clients range from large blue chip organisations to smaller commercial and academic entities.Our main focus is on Life Sciences, including digital health and cannabis, although the product regulatory group also advise on consumer product regulation including cosmetics and borderline issues and on healthcare regulation. A knowledge of food law would be of interest too (but this is not necessary).You will be involved with:
- A broad range of regulatory and liability matters including product liability
- Providing regulatory advice and support to clients and supporting other teams within the firm on the regulatory aspects of their work, such as investigations, licensing and other transactional work
- Providing efficient professional support for partners
- Developing professional relationships with clients
- Supporting the wider team in developing business and raising the profile of the firm
- Business development opportunities About You
- You will have excellent analytical skills and experience of running your own files and assisting partners on more complex, higher value matters including investigations, deals and transactions and advisory work
- Knowledge of Life Science sector issues and an interest in science in addition to having developed strong general commercial expertise
- Knowledge of, or an interest in developing an expertise in, a broad range of Life Sciences regulatory matters
- Appropriate level of post qualification experience in a City, major regional or leading international firm
- To meet demands of the role we envisage this to be in the region of 3-8 PQE (other experience levels also considered)
- Experience in handling clients in major blue chip companies and internationally based Equal Opportunities
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here
to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits
page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.#LI-NH1