Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise across the spectrum of legal matters including high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, contentious matters and all aspects of risk. We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic Human Resources team as a Resourcing Executive. The HR team supports our lawyers in providing first-class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well-known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,300 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader.
To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. The firm has also evolved a new hybrid approach to working (the “Ways of Working Framework”), which sees our people working between their home environments and our prestigious Headquarters at One Bunhill Row, in the heart of the City of London.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as a Resourcing Executive, within our London-based Human Resources team.
We are recruiting for a Resourcing Executive to join the Lateral Recruitment team within the Human Resources Department, on a six-month, fixed-term basis. The Resourcing Executive will primarily be responsible for supporting the Lateral Recruitment Team in implementing its direct sourcing model by acting as dedicated resource to leverage a range of market-leading direct sourcing tools (such as LinkedIn Recruiter, LinkedIn Life Pages, LinkedIn Job posts and Legal Monitor) and to attract, pipeline, pool, approach, and engage suitable talent across a range of legal and Business Services roles. The successful candidate will assist the team’s Advisers on a variety of active recruitment mandates, as well as providing ad hoc support to all team members when necessary.
The Human Resources (‘HR’) department comprises the following teams - HR Advisory and Resourcing, Trainee Recruitment, Responsible Business and Inclusion, HR Operations and Learning and Development (‘L&D’). The Lateral Recruitment team sits within the HR Advisory and Resourcing function and provides a high level of service to the firm throughout the entire end-to-end recruitment lifecycle. The team is currently comprised of a Senior Recruitment Manager, three Recruitment Advisers, a Recruitment Executive and a HR Administrator. The Resourcing Executive will report into the Senior Recruitment Manager, and will also take day-to-day work instructions and direction from the team’s Advisers.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role are set out below, though there may be others which are not listed. This role will require some flexibility and you may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Actively sourcing candidates across Business Services and legal roles
- Utilising a variety of sourcing tools to identify and approach appropriate candidates
- Building and maintaining relationships with potential candidates to create a pipeline for potential vacancies
- Maintaining job postings and careers pages on job boards including LinkedIn , ensuring content remains current, fresh and relevant
- Conducting screening calls with direct applicants to assess their suitability for a role
- Creating market maps and actively contacting passive candidates
- Reporting on talent pools and providing regular updates on progress to the Advisers and Senior Recruitment Manager
- Signposting team members to relevant and active candidates
- Supporting operational recruitment activities where appropriate alongside the team
- Along with other team members, providing ad hoc cover for the HR Administrator during periods of leave or absence
- Tracking and managing applications via the applicant tracking system
- Building knowledge and understanding of our recruitment requirements to optimise sourcing strategies
- Working with the Senior Manager to continue the development of the direct sourcing offering, identifying areas for improvement and greater and efficiency
- Ensuring compliance with GDPR in all recruitment activities
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
Candidates for this position must have/be:
- Degree educated or qualified by relevant experience, ideally a law degree or with specific legal recruitment experience
- Ideally, experience within recruitment or direct sourcing – candidates with an agency background will be considered, as will those with a research-focused background and demonstrable interest in resourcing
- Excellent attention to detail and use of grammar
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – written, spoken and presentational
- An organised approach to work to manage conflicting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Enthusiastic and prepared to take on a hands-on approach
- A collaborative approach to working but also able to work independently
- A good listener with a consultative approach
- Experience of working within a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture
- A high level of professionalism and integrity
- The ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Experience of LinkedIn Recruiter and/or Legal Monitor are highly desirable but not essential
- Experience of drafting advertising copy for job advertisements would also be highly desirable.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office packages
You will also be expected to display the attributes set out under the firm’s Key Behaviours for Business Services staff for this level of role. Below are the most relevant for this role:
- Technical & professional expertise
- Service excellence
- Drive to deliver
- Analysis & judgement
- Communication & influence
- Working with others
- Leading & managing people